Chicane Challange Thank You's!

Scott Norton

Epic Win, I push limit
Thank You's need to be passed around;

1. All the volunteers and workers for doing what they do so we can do what we love.

2. CSCC & ICSCC Officals for such a smooth running event.

3. ICSCC License Director for making being a novice a great experance and an easy place to learn.

4. All my fellow novices for playing nice! Yea even the one in the STi. :p

5. All of the Group 4 drivers for your patience with the slowest car in your run group! ;) Our first upgrade race was a great experance. Can't wait for Mission!

6. To all other drivers, crew, and family members in the Paddock, everyone made us feel welcome.

Why was there a 216+ entry turnout? Because of the organization and the people involved!

Great Times! Thank you!

Thanks you from Timing and Scoring

Thank you, thank you and thank you!!!!!

I want to let all present at the Chicane Challenge to know, as the scoring and timing person this weekend, I am so glad I have had the pleasure of working with our Conference drivers for the past 30 plus years in many positions. Things change but the people are always the greatest. Perry had the weekend off so we were on our own. We formed a wonderful team effort to get the paperwork to you properly. AND we had fun also.

I want to thank Jeff Hanken, Cascade’s announcer for his help on the computer, Keith Younger for his work on the timing system computer, Holly for her idea of motorsports registration because it takes 95% of the transfer error away, Lynn Copeland for her hands on help and any driver that come in to get novice credit. Also thanks to Perry. As he was driving to Edmonton on Saturday night we were talking to him on the telephone.

The biggest thanks goes to the drivers for their patience with getting their information. Especially the 6 novice upgrade to ARR because the “happy mouse finger” lost their times and we had to use their Saturday times. My sincerest apologies. I hope all drivers recognize the fact they can come to timing and scoring and ask questions. If there is an error we can correct it, if your transponder is sporadic in a race we try our best to get all your laps but we can give you laps if we miss them and you let us know. Usually if you look at the “time card” we print you can figure a long lap is when the transponder missed you. See you at the Spokane race.

I second Scott's sentiments. Thanks to all of you that made it happen! The Novice program is a great thing and I benefited greatly from it. I had a lot of fun during those three races.

Thank You's need to be passed around;

1. All the volunteers and workers for doing what they do so we can do what we love.

2. CSCC & ICSCC Officals for such a smooth running event.

3. ICSCC License Director for making being a novice a great experance and an easy place to learn.

Why was there a 216+ entry turnout? Because of the organization and the people involved!

Great Times! Thank you!

Concur completely with those comments. As a volunteer who has abandoned the fold to become a crew person, it's amazing to see the operation from the 'other side of the walls'.

Two days of good racing and I believe every session went off almost right on time! All of the volunteers we came in contact with as driver/crew were friendly and really showed great attitudes in trying to do everything possible to make the drivers/team experiance a pleasent one.

With the late entry to the track, a special thank you to all of the tech people who worked through the rain filled evening hours to get cars through tech for morning racing, It wasn't fun in the rain but they stuck to it with smiles on their faces!

The 'little things' that make this club great.

Thanks you Ken and Tracy Dye who helped us out with a couple of critical items we left sitting in the garage at home... Duhh
Thank you to our tech guy (Bob) who went that 'extra mile' to give us an annual tech and a log book for this chassis!
Thank you to who ever in the paddock came up with a humongous bolt to hold JC's upright together so he could make his race! We were gone, hope he got a finish out of it.
Thank you to Armadillo for their continued track side support! They actually had a fresh bag of packing material for a SuperTrapp muffler that saved us from blowing sound in our race.. Wow... went down there with low expectations of finding a fix.

And a final inanimate thank you. Thank you lower wing element end plate that managed to keep the lower wing from flying off the car when all the attachment rivets sheared off :) .. Whew!! One of those weak points you can't visually inspect.

Last edited:
JC owes me a kiss on the lips (his promise) for that bolt. Imagine a stock car spares part on an open wheel car, ha!

For what it's worth, the Novices rated highest this weekend from the workers on pace lap grid discipline. Well done guys.

+1 from here as well.

A BIG, MONSTER, THANK YOU to ICSCC and CSCC for helping the Pro3 group put on our 'event within an event' hosting some out of area guest drivers. Some of these guys came from as far away as Upstate NY and as close as San Fran, either way, they all came away with a great experience and think pretty highly of ICSCC.

I was speaking with 6 of the drivers at lunch on Saturday and discussing the merits of our Novice program. I detailed the three mandatory race weekends, the written exam, and the scrutiny of the Senior Drivers and Corner Workers prior to receiving the upgrade. The reactions were priceless and confirmed that the ICSCC Novice license program is Top Notch and not something taken lightly!

Kudos to Pre Grid for the extra handling of the large grids and the split start in Group 1; a collective 'high five' to the drivers in Groups 1 and 5 for clean starts at the chicane; and timing and scoring: bless you!!

Now then, who's in for Mission?

I'll be there running Novice and Group 4 in front of 30 family and friends all from Canada. No pressure Eh?:p

I'll be there running Novice and Group 4 in front of 30 family and friends all from Canada. No pressure Eh?:p
Scott,
Mission is The Best learning track in the Conference circuit. It is also the toughest track in North America on brakes. (Quote from CSCCA license director). Make sure you have ducting in place and shoes on your car that have survived on other E36s at Mission. It is Real embarrassing to overrun T1,T2, or T5 in front of your fans. Mission is 5 drag strips connected by hairpins. Brakes never get a chance to cool. But - you WILL learn On throttle oversteer, Off throttle oversteer, transitioning from On throttle oversteer to fullbraking and then trail braking while transitioning back to OTOS, blip throttle over/understeer and also just how close you can race next to Jersey barriers without loosing paint. Now where else can you learn so much?!
If you "stick" (pun intended) around you can also be humbled by the locals in a game of pregrid hockey.

I have the Bimmerworld backing plates and ducting kit in place already. Will I need fans too? I have been running Hawk Endurance pads on my StopTech 4 wheel brake kit 14" rotors all round. They worked great at Bremerton which is similar.

Mike Olson warned me about the brake issue there this past Sunday.

I just wanted to express my appreciation to all that helped put this event together also. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Also, thanks to Randy. He has been awesome as license director (especially putting up with Scott and me).

Scott I don't think you were reading my finger gestures properly. I wasn't telling you that you were #1. :D J/k.

Sorry to all the guys in group 4 (except Scott! he he hee). I felt like I was big blue moving road block all day Sunday. So much different than Saturday. I hope I didn't hold anybody up too bad, or make too much of an ass of myself. Hopefully I get my car running right in time for Mission (not like I'll be any less of a road block, yet).

>>Thank you to who ever in the paddock came up with a humongous bolt to hold JC's upright together so he could make his race! We were gone, hope he got a finish out of it.<<

Rick and Jeff:

The humongous bolt was graciously given to me by Randy Blaylock. I offered to kiss him on the lips but he ................ passed on my offer.

I did manage to race on Sunday and yes!! ................... I finished the race and upgraded from area to a senior driver.

There is a lot to be thankful for. I am thankful for being in the company of quality human beings that love the sport of racing. From the wonderful people in white who are there for us to all the people who dedicate their time so we can enjoy and share our passion.

It is difficult to soar like an eagle when you are in the company of turkeys.

We are very fortunate, indeed, to be surrounded with "top drawer" human beings. In my book, .............. they are all beautiful eagles.

"J.C."

Scott I don't think you were reading my finger gestures properly. I wasn't telling you that you were #1. J/k.

LOL! I saw you coming back to me I knew you were having problems of some kind. My laps times were a little faster by then but not that much. But I also knew if I got to you, there was not way you were going to let me go by!

If you need a hand to get your car fixed let me know I can come over straight from work. You HAVE to be at Mission.

The humongous bolt was graciously given to me by Randy Blaylock. I offered to kiss him on the lips but he ................ passed on my offer.

JC,

If we are ever in a position to loan you something, PLEASE remember that offer will NOT be necessary!

How did it feel racing with a GT1 part on the Van Diemen? Were you able to do Festival FIA curbs like a jumping GT1? ;)

Congrats on your success with the race and UPGRADE ! :D

Rick:

All kidding aside, there isn't enough liquor on this earth that would make me want to kiss another man on the lips. It just isn't going to happen.

Randy will get a quart of my salsa for his generous assistance in getting my car fixed and allowing me to race on Sunday. I am forever grateful.

................. my ex-girlfriends all tell me that I am good kisser, however.:rolleyes:

J.C.

JC: I hope for your sake that "................. my ex-girlfriends all tell me that I am good kisser, however." your current wife/significant-other/girlfiriend(s) still think you are a good kisser.

If I am at the Spokane race, and I am planning on it, and you are too, what do I need to pack away in the trailer to get a quart of your famous salsa? If it is that good I will bring a complete bolt AND nut assortment.

JC: ..... If it is that good I will bring a complete bolt AND nut assortment.

Bring your BIG nuts. Oh and bolts too. This was 'big' as befits normal use on a GT1.

Hey, speaking of those Legends cars. Man, you guys are disturbing!!! :D

Standing in the bleachers at the Festival trying to watch a certain car 336 going around Turn 5/6 over our shoulders. Suddenly these screenching tire sounds are in Festival and we snap our heads back around... Ah more Legends coming through... LOL COOL CARS !!! Great racing.

Saw some super good dicing going on with you guys. :cool:

What do the current girlfriends say?

Dan

Dan:

I am presently single. No girlfriends at this time, ............. just "very understanding and progressive female friends".

Racing is expensive. Racing and women are very, very expensive.

J.C.

JC: I hope for your sake that "................. my ex-girlfriends all tell me that I am good kisser, however." your current wife/significant-other/girlfiriend(s) still think you are a good kisser.

If I am at the Spokane race, and I am planning on it, and you are too, what do I need to pack away in the trailer to get a quart of your famous salsa? If it is that good I will bring a complete bolt AND nut assortment.

Kyle:

I will do my best to bring salsa to Spokane. I've been told that the salsa is not bad. Is it famous? Not sure. Anything that is considered "orgasmic" must be good. I've been told my salsa is ............ "orgasmic".

J.C.

>>Thank you to who ever in the paddock came up with a humongous bolt to hold JC's upright together so he could make his race! We were gone, hope he got a finish out of it.<<

Adam and I were glad to see JC make the race, especially after we took him away from the track on a hook in the morning. Whenever we as workers have to do something like that, we always hope to see the injured car back on the track if at all possible. For the record, JC got his car off the track to a reasonably safe area where we could get a wrecker to him without entering the track surface and getting in the way of the qualifying session. Good work, JC.

Back