Portland Race weekend

Karen Stimson

Once again, I'd like to let everyone know about track entrance policy for the PIR race weekend.

We run our driver training on Friday. (We are currently overfull, with a long waitlist for the TnT group.) Those entered in the driver training and those who are on my list as helping are allowed into the paddock during the day, entering through the start/finish gate. All people bringing in cars on trailers and/or racecars before 5pm must be on my list.

If you are bringing a car in for someone to drive in the driver training, please check that your driver has given me your name.

Racers who are not involved in the driver training must stage on the north road to enter through the turn 8 gate after 5pm Friday.

Thank you for your consideration of those participating in Friday's event.
Karen Stimson

Hi Karen. What about if they come in for the 8 AM morning meeting and then work a corner or grid all day? Assuming that you don't need them as instructors.

Last edited:
If they are working the corners, etc. on Friday and are coming in with a racecar, you will need to send me their names or get them to the security guard. You may send them to me by Thursday, or better yet bring a list to give the security guard Friday morning.
People who help out are given priority...

Can we enter through T8 during the day to spectate on Friday? or just via the bridge? I think I will wind up getting down there at about 3, so I was planning on getting in line at the T8 gate then wondering around the pits for an hour or so.

Turn 8 gate will not be open until 5pm on Friday. You may cross the bridge I believe. Also, we will have track crossings for street cars, careful pedestrians, and people on my list, every 25 minutes at start/finish.
I believe that you could park during the day in the south paddock so you can cross the bridge, and then later get in line for the turn 8 entrance.

Back