Pictures from the SCCA NWR Double Nationals at PR

Wow... I'm not sure what you meant to say, or how you meant to say it, but you might want to rethink your approach a little, 'cause this one makes you sound like a major tool.

Albatross, whoever you are, Ron posts these pictures on our site for our own use and enjoyment. If you don't see what you like, go to SCCA's website and see what they have for their sanctioned event. If you are used to anonymously mouthing off on the web with no concern for your fellow racers, I assure you that you will not be making any friends in the paddock.

I agree with Richard and appreciate what Ron does for our club. He provides shots that I don't always see from everyone else. I believe he is doing what he loves to do and is a great addition to the rest of our professional and amateur photographers. In fact at work my screen saver is my RX-7 taken by Ron. Keep up the good work...

Thanks for the comments on my pictures. Yes, I do this as a hobby for me and anyone else that likes to look.

The pros (like Curtis and the others) do this as a profession so I try to get the unusual shots. Multiple cars, etc. If you find something interesting and the others don't have it, let me know.

Gets me out of the house, off the street, and out of trouble. Plus my son does some club lapping days out there.

Last edited:
Nice photos as usual Ron, from a different perspective than most. PR is not an easy track to shoot, but you always have good stuff.
Those Factory 5 Cobras look like a hoot, but the roll cage appears to be very marginal. I'm suprised SCCA allows that to be honest.
Oh, BTW, I discovered new and better gearing for Mission today, but I won't be sharing...

Last edited:
Ron

Thanks for the props Ron, but don't cut yourself short! This images in my opinion are some the better images that I've seen from you. I was glad to see that you got out and in some of the places that not many go...well with the exception of me and or Steve Alvine. You're panning technique looks to have improved and you had some great composition with cars on the back side. Great Job!

I wish I could have come out for the double NAT, but my summer plans are about to change and I needed to be home with the family as I will be gone the last week of June, most of July and fingers crossed all of August.

Now that you've stepped it up a bit it looks I need to re-tool and pull out the big guns:D

Cheers,
Curtis

yes excellent photos Ron. I do like the "paning" shots to.

Just a general question, how many conf racers race in SCCA to? Just asking because this long gap between races is making me itchy to race... well at least I just have one more week to wait..

Any chance you got a picture of Oberndorf's Stohr?

I found three. #5, #40 and #91. Two were really out of focus, this (#5) was only badly focused.

p1047706885-3.jpg

p1047614584-3.jpg

p1003947645-3.jpg

Last edited:
Ron,

That may be out of focus (to you :) ) but those are GREAT shots of #5 (to me) especially the last one! That's Larry Vollum from Portland, OR.

#40 is Mark Jaremko in the new Phoenix FB.

#91 is Dave Palmer also from Portland, OR. Sadly, his car was one of the victims of Turn 9 and pretty much a mess right now.

Looking for a photo of Oberndorf #2. NO LONGER a Pumpkin, Ken :) It's now in black livery (Stohr's new body work) and managed to set the new FB track record at Pacific. Abmitedly Jaremko was driving with half a steering wheel (after it broke on the 1st lap), but Kyle is still fast :) . But then again, Jaremko got the win!

Last edited:
Back