Roll Call for the Chicane Challenge!

clintonracing

something witty
Man..... this damn racing bug has bit me too hard... 4 weekends between races! I have too much time on my hands, my wife has made me do yard for the last two weekends already!

I am already dreading the October to April layover.

Looks like the grids are starting to fill out 110 entries so far.

Think we are going to break 200 for this event?

Looks like the grids are starting to fill out 110 entries so far.

Think we are going to break 200 for this event?

I don't know but I hope so. I know I am jonesing to get back on the track.

Why don't you guys join me (and about 150 others) and go autocrossing at Bremerton this weekend? There are two events: an SCCA event on Sunday and a BSCC event on Monday. It's cheap, fun, and it is seat time in your race car.

I'll be driving an Evo but last time I drove my Spec Miata and almost won a mug!

Here's a link to the schedule:
http://www.wwscc.org/

Or there is the SCCA Double National with restricted Regional at Pacific Raceway this weekend. If you can't race, you can always come out and work a corner and pick up some tricks. I'll be out there on one of the corners.

Rob

Why don't you guys join me (and about 150 others) and go autocrossing at Bremerton this weekend? There are two events: an SCCA event on Sunday and a BSCC event on Monday. It's cheap, fun, and it is seat time in your race car.

I'll be driving an Evo but last time I drove my Spec Miata and almost won a mug!

Here's a link to the schedule:
http://www.wwscc.org/

I won't be able to make it out this weekend. BUT I might head up to Bellingham to run the Chuckanut autocrosses at Blaine Airport July 11/12.

I won't be able to make it out this weekend. BUT I might head up to Bellingham to run the Chuckanut autocrosses at Blaine Airport July 11/12.

I competed in the Chuckanutt event there back in April. It is a long drive from the Seattle area and is pretty close to the Canadian border. Plus, the racing surface is a closed down runway and it's fairly narrow. They'll send you home if you go 4 wheels off.

Having said all that, I had a great time and will try to make it back up there one of these days.

man its too bad school gets done before the chuckanut event, that would be fun!

First time ill be running at portland and im looking forward to it, however not looking forward to the drive down saturday morning before the sun comes up. luckily ill be sleeping in on the way down.

I competed in the Chuckanutt event there back in April. It is a long drive from the Seattle area and is pretty close to the Canadian border. Plus, the racing surface is a closed down runway and it's fairly narrow. They'll send you home if you go 4 wheels off.

Having said all that, I had a great time and will try to make it back up there one of these days.

I went to school up in B'ham and used to autocross with Chuckanut. Actually, I own a house not too far from the airport in Birch Bay. We bought it right after we graduated from college and started working.. then we moved to Seattle when I found a new job, we couldn't sell the house so no we just rent it out.

I love it up there though and would move back if there were any good jobs for engineers in the area.

How is the surface condition of the runway?

man its too bad school gets done before the chuckanut event, that would be fun!

First time ill be running at portland and im looking forward to it, however not looking forward to the drive down saturday morning before the sun comes up. luckily ill be sleeping in on the way down.

Do you go to WWU?

Yeah, that's a bit of a drive from B'ham to PDX. One more positive thing about moving to Seattle was it made the drive to Eastern WA and to PDX a lot better!

I went to WWU 1977-mid 1979. Loved it up there.

I never Autox'ed with Chuckanut group.
But I did Autox with WWSCC and SCCA at Bremerton and Everett.
Even won some Novice Cones and Class mugs. Great people and volunteers.

Not a knock against Autox as it is a great place to safety learn and play. But once I moved on to the race track, well it's just not the same. Haul my car, unload, load, and drive all the way home for 3 minutes of run time. I have had plenty of Bremerton fun in both Autox and TT. But I still have a 26 item preparation/to do list prior to Portland. That and the never ending Honeydo List needs a few things knock off too. Of course I will manage to watch Monaco GP, Indy, the 600, and whatever other racing is on.

Oh and staring at my watch and the calender is not working for me.

Last edited:
I went to WWU 1977-mid 1979. Loved it up there.

I never Autox'ed with Chuckanut group.
But I did Autox with WWSCC and SCCA at Bremerton and Everett.
Even won some Novice Cones and Class mugs. Great people and volunteers.

Not a knock against Autox as it is a great place to safety learn and play. But once I moved on to the race track, well it's just not the same. Haul my car, unload, load, and drive all the way home for 3 minutes of run time. I have had plenty of Bremerton fun in both Autox and TT. But I still have a 26 item preparation/to do list prior to Portland. That and the never ending Honeydo List needs a few things knock off too. Of course I will manage to watch Monaco GP, Indy, the 600, and whatever other racing is on.

Oh and staring at my watch and the calender is not working for me.

It's competitve and it means I get to drive my car. Better than sitting in the car in my garage making race car noises.

Then again I can throw some street tires on and drive up there (without having to load up the trailer) so it is a bit easier for me.

It's competitve and it means I get to drive my car.
Go for it, have fun!

Then again I can throw some street tires on and drive up there (without having to load up the trailer) so it is a bit easier for me.
Very true.

Better than sitting in the car in my garage making race car noises.

Huh? what? I can't hear you in here when I am doing this:p

Back