Novice question.

Is it possible for two people to share a car in the Novice Program? My cousin and I got started in karting together and with that we were able to share a kart. This was possible from entering the kart in two similar classes in which the kart was legal. It did not take long for us to know we wanted to do it more seriously and each got our own karts. We are talking about doing the same here in Conference.

From what I read about the novice program I am pretty sure I know the answer but I hate to Ass-U-Me anything...:p

Also is it possible to share a car in driver's training?

I spent the last six years driving karts on the same tracks. Now it is time to to play with some live suspension.:D

So assuming your talking about a race weekend. No there is no way to share a car in the novice program. Every Saturday you get three sessions in the car. One in the morning, one after lunch and you race at the end of the day.
You could trade off who drives what weekend, you run a novice race in June in PIR, then your cousin can get the next race weekend.
I would guess you both could run at a double race weekend there are two of these. One is in Mission B.C. end of June and the other one is in Spokane mid July. You would both have to register one for Friday and the other for Saturday.

Once your both out of the novice program you can split the time between two race groups that happens a lot in PRO3. Someone will run in group 1 and then enter the car in Group 5.

I don't believe you can share a car for the driver training days. If memory serves me right you get four 30 minute sessions in the IRDC driver training...30 on 30 off all day. I would ping Dave Bennitt about car sharing http://www.irdc-racing.com/irdc_school.htm

Last edited:
I think the double race at Mission would be Labor Day Curtis, and possibly ORP in October if that happens would make 3 for the year.

I might let him go first. I have spent more time in the car.

I like the double weekend races. That will get us our stripes a lot quicker...

...I don't believe you can share a car for the driver training days. If memory serves me right you get four 30 minute sessions in the IRDC driver training...30 on 30 off all day. I would ping Dave Bennitt about car sharing http://www.irdc-racing.com/irdc_school.htm

Do the drivers school in your street car. No more stress on the vehicle then about 150 miles of semi fast driving. Don't need flat to the floor acceleration, snap shifts or lock-um up braking. Just make SURE you have plenty of brake pads to start the day. I've seen pick up trucks and station wagons doing driver training. Actually quite rare to see a race car out there.

Yes them Pro3 things. From what I've seen (and understand about their engines) they could run in 6 groups per weekend for 5 years and still be ticking along... Geez!

Last edited:
I think the double race at Mission would be Labor Day Curtis, and possibly ORP in October if that happens would make 3 for the year.

I was just speaking in general terms about double weekends that they could split the time up between themselves. I thought ORP was just a two day weekend and not a three?

C

I've heard both, but I don't really know. It would be nice to have a 3 day considering the time and expense to get down there for most of us.

Its on the schedule as Race #13 which implies its a single race weekend. It is a double points race as has been the practice with previous new tracks in Conference. I looked for the supporting rule # (just for you Ken!:cool:) but I actually couldn't find it in the P&P or the GCRs.

db

We now have a small RV Ken, with an enclosed trailer, so no need for a room! I am curious why it isn't a double race week-end though?

Im not sure Wes. I know that at the fall meeting the early schedule had it as a three day weekend in October with an earlier race in April (?) as their first race with the double points. With sorting out the new track TC dropped the early race and moved the date for the October race.... after I booked holidays, and dropped the three day weekend.

What's shown on the schedule page is correct, with the possible exception of its tentative listing.

I was told to list it as tentative (at the Spring Meeting) because there were still some things with the track that had to be resolved with the E-Board, and that TC had until the first race (Portland) to resolve for it to be listed as certain. I haven't heard one way or the other about its status.

Back