Bimmerworld's James Clay to race a PRO-3 car June 6/7

Randy Blaylock

Highlander Motorsports
Bimmerworld owner and SCCA World Challenge Pro racer James Clay will race a PRO-3 car in the ICSCC/CSCC "Chicane Challenge XVII" races at Portland International Raceway, on the weekend of June 6th and 7th.

There will also be several other well known visiting guest BMW club racers joining James on the grid, mixing it up with our own home grown heros.

So far we have...

Dave White and Jesse Clark, BMWCCA club racers from the Virginia/D.C. area
Sean Garrity from Texas
Nathaniel Sparks from Alabama
Lance Boicelli from California, all BMWCCA club racers

...and the latest to join the fray is Brian Ghinidelli. He's from California and heard James Clay was racing, and wanted some of that action. Brian is the Principle at www.Motorsportsreg.com.

There are also a few others guest drivers renting PRO-3 cars that weekend, hoping to go door to door with some visiting pro racers, all along with the typical strong field of regular drivers. Right now Mr. Kevin York, local boy gone Grand Am racing based out of Charlotte is gettin' a serious arm-twistin' to also join in.

The paddock and pit areas are open to spectators and visitors, it's just a short walk over the bridge from the main parking area at PIR.

It would be great to see many Pacific Northwest enthusiasts supporting our home grown racers.

Last edited:
We tried really hard, but unfortunately "hired gun" Kevin York won't be able to make it due to schedule conflicts. :( Bummer!

Why is this sticky??

6 out of the 10 most recently active threads have more views, and as a participant in PRO3 (prep cars in the class; race in the class), I don't see the general applicability across ICSCC.

Good candidates for a sticky would include the ongoing status regarding ORP and Spokane (~1600 views), and information directly applicable to the global ICSCC population. Upcoming event logistics (hotel deals, special load-in/out requirements, etc.) would be a good candidate as well.

Nothing wrong with the thread - it just seems a bit odd as a sticky on *this* board.

Regards,
-Bruce

I don't know why those who asked WANTED it to be sticky, but I made it so because this is another chance for Conference racing to get some good exposure in other parts of the country. I'm far less interested in the Pro3 angle to it than I am about national-level racers who want to come play in a Conference-specific class.

If it matters, JC is going to do a feature piece for Grassroots Motorsports about his experience. So there will be some national exposure for Conference as part of that article.

And as we know, National Exposure and ICSCC rarely show up in the same sentence.

I do a fair amount to help promote PRO-3 and ICSCC however I don't care if this post is a sticky or not. The forum doesn't have much churn anyway.

Last edited:
Back