Kart track at Pacific Raceways opens tomorrow

Steve Adams

Just this guy, ya know?
For the recreational, arrive-and-drive karts (all you can get for the next two weeks), $25/12-minute session, plus a daily license of $10 ($50 for the year). Their countdown timer would indicate they open at 5am, but I find that a little hard to believe.

Pacific Grand Prix site

I bought a kart partly because of this new track. I wanted to do this race but the date came up so quick I didnt have time to request the days off. Looks like a fun track! I think the test days are only on Thursdays though which is lame. Expensive to join/race/test as well.

So for a little over 6 bills you can qualify to run a shifter. Expensive, but not as bad as I expected. The track looks really awesome, so maybe a trip down there this week-end with sunny weather might be a good idea!

Was over there a couple of times today while they were running different parts of the track. Looks like a real hoot, very competitive track, and very fast in places. According to their web site it can run in 22 different configurations. :cool:

So for a little over 6 bills you can qualify to run a shifter. Expensive, but not as bad as I expected. The track looks really awesome, so maybe a trip down there this week-end with sunny weather might be a good idea!

On top of that, WMRRA has their motorcycle road race weekend going on as well. With both things going on there will be a lot to see.

Back