Looking for feedback: New format for schedule/results

Steve Adams

Just this guy, ya know?
I've been thinking about how the race announcments, schedule, and race results are setup in, essentially, three different places on two pages in the current ICSCC.com site design. What I'm thinking of doing is modifying the schedule page so that it also includes links to the announcements/supp's, as well as the results of a week-end, all in one place.

This page is a really rough mock-up of what I'm thinking, still using the current design's look/feel. I'd appreciate feedback on the IDEA I'm describing above. (Remember, it's a rough mock-up and so isn't a faithful re-creation of the overall look/feel of the existing page.)

Thanks.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssss!

I'd suggest that there is enough room to spell out PR (Pacific Raceways) and PIR (Portland Int'l Raceway) so the casual fan has a better idea where the event is.

I'd suggest that there is enough room to spell out PR (Pacific Raceways) and PIR (Portland Int'l Raceway) so the casual fan has a better idea where the event is.

I might do that, but how would you feel with a very descriptive key at the bottom? Basically, the stuff you can see on the tracks page.

Very good.

But before you publish please double check. I think your June 5 date should be CSCC driver training at Portland.

Didn't check anything else. That just caught my eye.

I like it. Do I have to change any links from motorsportreg.com to the Supps, Schedule or results? Or did you keep the same names? Thanks!

I like that the lap by lap times are posted there too, is that new for this year? Or something thats unique to CSCC?

I like it. Do I have to change any links from motorsportreg.com to the Supps, Schedule or results? Or did you keep the same names? Thanks!

The links themselves are exactly the same, I'm just making them accessible from a different location. No need for you to change anything.

I like that the lap by lap times are posted there too, is that new for this year? Or something thats unique to CSCC?

When they're available, they're posted. If you look at the updated and slightly reformatted archives, you can find that info for all the years I have data.

Randy Blaylock made a few suggestions in e-mail (including linking to the "live" entry list when using something like motorsportsreg.com, which I think is a great idea), but my overriding concern about several of his suggestions is the additional horizontal space they'd require in this current site design. I tried to keep the width of this test page around 800px, but I had to expand it to 900px to get it to look halfway-decent.

Now, part of the reason I'm experimenting with these changes, as well as nearly all the other, "under the covers" changes I've been making the last few months, is to prepare for a complete site redesign. It's very possible that the new design will work around the issue, but I'm wondering:
  • What screen resolution do you use to look at ICSCC.com?
  • Would you be interested in an RSS feed of updates to the site?

(This is obviously a VERY informal poll, and not the best way to go about getting the data. I personally don't see a lot of value in an RSS feed, but I'm considering it as part of the redesign and will ask this question later, and in a more organized fashion.)

Well, I can't speak to the RSS Feed because I have no idea what that is...but I sure like the new format. I say run with it!

This makes it easier when referring inquiring minds to Conference - workers and new racers alike.

Nice work, Steve!

I'm using 1024 x 768. A lot of web sites are designed for 900 or 1280 but I find the 1024 keeps everything easy to see size on my monitor.

RSS? What's that? Will it make the car easier to maintain or go faster?

Keep in mind, I'd still be using DOS if I could.

Back