Formula Ford Festival

stuart_dye

Calling all Formula Ford owners. The Baxter Portland Historics is hosting a 40th FF Festival The weekend of July 10th - 12th. All Formula Fords welcome new and old. We had 36 plus cars last year. This year promises to be bigger. Get entries in by May 26th for the best deal. Go to Porlandhistorics.com for more info or do an HMSA search. Might also be able to sign up with SOVREN.

Come on guys we're not gettin alot of press here. The best deal on entries deadline is may 26th. Goes up $100 after that.

Okay, I hear you Stu. Not sure how to get the word out effectively other than right here, but I'm in for sure since I missed the CRC last year.

Wes
Dude, you did miss the CRC!! And, it was a lot of fun, too! But, on the positive side of the deal, you raced at Mission and got some good points and finished on the podium at the end of the season. So, it's all good!!

Have fun at PIR with the vintage guys, they're a good bunch to race with. But be careful, they run brake lights and some of them don't work all the time. I had a very exciting moment behind a beautiful Lotus going into the chicane at CRC. I had visions of my entire retirement being sucked into a black hole about 2 1/2" in diameter!! My bad... I learned that you can't believe everything you see (or don't). It was rewarding to be able to pass someone that wasn't having mechanical problems.

Look forward to seeing you in July.

So, you aren't going to make it up for that event then? Too bad, but the RA trip is going to be way too cool, and that takes precedence over the rest I'd guess with your busy schedule.
We did the Sandpoint car show this week-end, 380 miles each way. (groan), but it also was way cool. Over 500 cars entered, and the weather was absolutley perfect! My buddy Dan entered his 69' Impala convertible, which we had to work on until 1 AM Satuday morning to make it ready for the show. If you go to tripod.smugmug.com and click on the Sandpoint Car Show (duh) gallery you'll see lots of yummy cars.
Off thread again, sorry Stu.

Back