PR Pro3 dance compettition

robjacobsen

The Pros From Dover
I understand from our infamous race steward that there is plenty of in car video of the Pro3 dance compettition at the exit of turn 9 at Pacific Raceway last weekend. My poor novice driver had the unenviable task of trying to write up what happened in that malay since I was on blue flag and looking the other way. By the time I spun around and yelled to my novice what to do with the yellow, all I could see was a sea of brake lights, a large cloud of tire smoke and the roof of a car moving crossways to the flow of traffic. Even the guys in the tower weren't sure just what happen, though they were able to tell me that the one car left behind after everyone else had left had continued had indeed hit the wall, rearranging the furniture. From all the chaos, I would have expeced to have a few more cars left behind and possibly a blocked track. So who has the video? Let see, please.

Rob "Grandpa Pettybone" Jacobsen, TPFD

"Infamous"?

The drivers involved, in my observation, were champions. The victim was disappointed but contained and sportsman-like. The initiator was eager to learn, a good listener, contrite, and apologetic. Aside from not having this situation in the first place, everyone did well.

I thought the video from Bart's website about the topless charter boat was much more entertaining!

Wes, I'm with you. I like your thinking... Not that racing chaos isn't interesting, just not as "entertaining".

Broken or bent cars is definitely not entertaning, although the incident itself was quite exciting for sure. I hope that fellow won't try another inside pass in 9 again.

Wow, that was crazy. Glad no one was hurt. The incar video is a little incriminating as far as passing under the yellow. Ballsy to post that for all the world to see.

Steve did a great job of anticipating that wreck and getting way the heck out of the way.

Not second guessing here, because at the time I was the rolling chicane with 5 psi in my right rear.

I don't think the problem was the inside pass attempt at nine. The car was push-loose-push-loose all through eight and looked really difficult to drive not hooked to the pavement at all. The car on the outside at nine (the black one that eventually got wrecked)actually looked like he left more than enough room on the inside for a car to scrabble around. It just looked like the silver car didn't turn any better in nine than it did at eight and pushed right on out until there was contact. Sounds like the judgement issue was properly handled by the appropriate parties (the racers involved and the Stewards) and I don't want it to sound like I am sticking my fat nose in there at all, I was just curious - was it a cold tire problem? Set up? Why was the silver car such a handfull?

Back