A little common courtesy would be nice

CHRONOS

Bringing back scary cars
If a conference member posts an add to sell their car here, no matter what the add says, if your not interested in it then dont reply with anything other than kind words. I have no choice now but to haul it down to my brother in laws in California now where it will never see conference racing again.

I know you guys meant well but really, you guys cost me a grand and lost another conference car. Historic cars cannot be replaced !!!!. I bitched and moaned for months to keep the new owner of Jeffs EIP championship roadster in the conference, it looks like it might happen. then you guys muck up my ad.

Show some courtesy please.

Woah! Back away from the edge there Daryl!

I can give you the names of ten people with race cars that aren't selling just among friends. Your car appears to be a well built, safe, and thoughtfully prepared machine but not surprisingly it isn't built to compete on the SCCA National level. I'm sure that if someone wants to spend an equal amount to what you invested developing the first 90% of the way they can get it the final 10%. What does that have to do with it not being able to run Conference? What does that have to do with not being able to sell it in Conference? I fail to see how anyone mucked this up for you. Race cars are hard to sell right now, so prices have dropped. It's very much a buyers market. Sellers are sad to see good racecars selling for pocket change, buyers are happy to get tremendous value for their money. It's cyclical and always will be. If you want more, part it out or wait for the economy to pick back up but don't blame it on your fellow racers. We have enough problems of our own without being responsible for yours.

The word you were looking for start with a "C" but isn't "courtesy". Anyone who posts whatever they like on a public internet forum then wants to deprive others of that same right in response is looking for "a little common censorship".

Hopefully, this helps - I was thinking about selling my 1st Gen Rx-7 EIP car and the price you are asking is about what I was hoping for. If I were buying and yours and mine were about the same price, I would definitely buy yours.

Good Luck with your sale and hope to see you around.

"Censorship" Rick? I would love to hear your response in my situation, we both know it would be 900 words or more. I know cars are selling low and slow, you would be shocked to know what I'll take for mine.

All I wanted Rick was an ad up saying it was for sale and that it was competitive, now theres a trail of posts saying maybe not. very unnecessary. I will be back in a DSR in the fall or spring. ASR next summer with a twin R1 powered car.

Last edited:
I would just post the car's best lap times and let people make their own decision on if they felt the car was competitive. A win in a class is only as good as who you beat.

I'll delete the add because even if I had posted just lap times someone here would have barked out that there was something about it was debatable like your post Lance. you made my point for me. thank you

I love racing with you guys, but I just want to change classes, who cares about how someone words a ad for a car? gimme a break. I personally would never say "my car will beat that one" in a reply to some poor souls ad thats trying to sell his/her car, its just rude. On other forums fellow racers chime in and say things like "its a good car" or "good price" to help them out, kind of like not punting someone in a corner or cutting a corner and taking someone off the track with you because thats the only corner on the track you can catch someone. SRP last summer, main reason for class change.

Ricks wrong, its about common Courtesy to your fellow racers.

LOL, cmon Randy, if I wanted abuse I could go back and run crashclub, I mean calclub, you guys are entertaining at least.

Back