Late-breaking news at Pacific Raceway

bjohnson

Just today (Thursday) Steve Caputo has managed to rearrange the track set-up so we can have most of the paddock after all! The drag racers will park in the go-kart track area. Glory be, this all may work out okay! See you all soon - Bonnie Johnson:)

As you enter Pacific Raceways' property, on the right where the heavenly hole was is now a full-fledged kart track. Check it out on the website. Judging by the turnout at the winter 6-hour enduro, there are quite a few kart fans in the Conference ranks (myself included). PR plans to have a fast fleet of arrive-and-drive karts that are considerably quicker than any indoor kart.

Well there's the real go kart track under construction, but that seems like a poor place to paddock a bunch of street cars for high school drags.

The area near the ProFormance building used to serve as a karting area a number of years ago.

The new paved area is much smoother and would be my choice for a karting area until the gravel pit track is finished.

So that is the source of my confusion.

"I believe" what might be met by "Karting Track" is the standard normal pit area for drag racing (having done it myself) is the semi paved crisscrossed area inside of turn 8

Yes they used to run karts there that is what that pavement was put down for back in the day. Yes I know this shows my age, but then I competed in the High School Drags from 1974-1976. :eek:

The "new" cart track as Lance stated in the pit is only partly paved and too far away to be of any use for pitting for drag racing.

Then again I could be wrong, your mileage may vary, my opinion my not be yours, do not attempt this at home, for trained professionals only, no return without prior approval, not responsible for damage.

Anyone happen to know if they are charging admission to park our rigs tonight (in other words, the High School event has a 15 dollar spectator fee as well as a 5 dollar parking fee).

Curious minds would like to know by 5:30 tonight if possible.

RP

"I believe" what might be met by "Karting Track" is the standard normal pit area for drag racing (having done it myself) is the semi paved crisscrossed area inside of turn 8

Yes they used to run karts there that is what that pavement was put down for back in the day. Yes I know this shows my age, but then I competed in the High School Drags from 1974-1976. :eek:

The "new" cart track as Lance stated in the pit is only partly paved and too far away to be of any use for pitting for drag racing.

Then again I could be wrong, your mileage may vary, my opinion my not be yours, do not attempt this at home, for trained professionals only, no return without prior approval, not responsible for damage.

Dont feel bad, got my NASCAR license in 73 with my sisters drivers license number, turned 24 twice,(we forgot about the switch) held the license with that number till 96.

Jeez, now i'm really feeling my age. I'm not going to mention what year in the 60's i graduated, not to mention how Young these high-schoolers look. -UPDATE- The crowd is thinning out, and there is plenty of room in the paddock. So come on up (or down) and play for the week end!

Back