Group 4 results

westipton

Randy, I was curious how you and the other 'stock car' guys faired against the Vette and Tim's Cobra? Were the lap times close, and was the competition between your class close? Looked like a great grid from the photos I saw on the other thread!

We were within 4 tenths of the Cobra. The Vette is in a different universe, at -3.5 seconds, but then he better be with 830+ hp, or almost 2x as much.

The competition between us was feet and inches for the entire race. I'm still fatigued. Gonna have to step up my game to stay in the hunt.

Good video. I wonder how bad the yellow cars rear tires looked at the end of the race, considering that he smoked the rears every time he came out of turn 7. We were discussing that on the corner during the race and were not terribly surprised when you moved to the front. Nice racing and a blast to watch. The funny thing to me is that novice drivers doing their turn working requirement rarely ever choose to work the corners for the races. They would learn so much more than just watching a qualifying session.

Rob

800+ HP? Wow, I had no idea, but he was the car in your Viper video a year or two back right? The acceleration he had in that was incredible compared to your car, which I thought was a rocket.
Fun race to watch, but is it possible to move your camera to the right a little to get away from that center post?
Thanks

The old yeller tires were pretty cooked for sure.

I could not get the power down (for many reasons) out of seven and twelve, so I resorted to the James Bond smoke screen effect. Worked for a while, but as expected, the tires went completely away near the end of that race, and were even worse in group 4.

But I get style points, no?

Rod

Randy

My race fastest lap was 7 tenths off my earlier session times , had some gearbox issues and decided not to push too hard as I started to make some mistakes. What happened in the second race , looked like you had a good run on the vette early in the race

Tim

Hi Tim,

Yeah, it's going to take some tweaking to get to where we can give you a race, but we're pleased overall since the complete suspension package was a guess over the winter in the garage for all of us. Actually, I'm surprised to be within a second of last year's time in the Viper. I think with some seat time we will all be able to carry more speed and go a little deeper into the braking zones, and zero in a little better on the symmetry of the chassis balance. I felt like I couldn't get around T6 very well at all.

I tried to stay as close as possible to the Vette hoping for a driver mistake, but he drove well and I ended up fading back. I kind of felt like a gnat buzzing around a stallion.

Looking forward to PR this weekend.

I don't know about style points, but we're glad you're helping with the economy.

Anything to help. Heard there were over 100 million barrels of oil in tankers floating around at this time, stockpiles are not drawing down quick enough.

Clearly, someone has to jump start this economy, looks like it is me :eek:

RP

Back