Hotels close to PIR with parking for a trailer?

mikecolangelo

Hi, I'll be at next weekend's practice day and race at PIR and will arrive Thursday evening. Are there any hotels near PIR (or at least within 30 miles of PIR on I-5 coming from Seattle) that have enough room to easily park a truck and car trailer?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Mike, the Days Inn and Best Western across I-5 from the track have room in the back to park a bigger rig, and on a Thursday it should not be a problem.

It's not safe to park anything anywhere anymore, but I've done it a few times in the past, and didn't sleep much. If you can get under a light close to the front of the building that would be preferable. Shouldn't be a problem on a Thursday to do that, and the Best Western especially has a ptretty good sized lot.

Last time in Portland, the Days Inn had a big "no trailers" sign entering the parking lot. Good luck! It's easier to say you are sorry than it is to ask permission. ;)

Keep in mind I'm the most paranoid person about things like this you'll ever run in to. I live by the philosophy that whatever can go wrong, will.

I'd be inclined to.....

If your tow car isn't alarmed, go to Home Depot or Lowe's. Buy one of the small battery operated motion detector alarms for less then $40. As you close the tow vehicle door, ARM IT. If anybody goes in the cab it will be enough to scare them off.
Jack up the trailer and take one wheel in to sleep with you. Put a locking lug nut on the missing wheel hub so they can't replace it.

QUESTION:
Does PR allow rigs to park in the field outside the gate the night before? If so park there as there's usually security around the track. Hump it back to the motel. Not too far and a good 'conditioning' trip if you jog :) Might be a bit of a problem if the family is with you.

Last edited:
Back