May T&T

westipton

I checked with the office at PR late last week, and they are not planning to have a test and tune on the Friday before the first IRDC race in May. I assume the turn-out was consistently slim last year, and it just isn't worth their time to do this for us.
But, if enough people call the office asking for a T&T I'm sure they would reconsider. Not sure how many cars it would take, but I would bet there are quite a few drivers out there wanting to do a shake down before the event, including me.
You can go to Pacificraceways.com and either call them or email Steve Caputo, the road course manager.

Last edited:
I've asked Steve this question and was told that there won't be a T&T on the 1st as they have scheduled a "Highschool Drag Day".

Silly me Jim, I forgot to check the drag schedule when I didn't see anything on the road course schedule. What an odd time to have that event, but as busy as they seem to be it might have been the only day they had open. That's unfortunate, but I assume there will be another T&T day out there in May, other than the one on the 4th that is.

The Green River Comm. College sponsored High Skool Drags starts @ 3:30. There is time for a shorter T&T if there is interest...

Okay, so anyone who wants to test needs to contact Caputo and get a list started. Thanks for the update Kerry.

I just sent Steve Caputo an e-mail message expressing interest in a May 1 test & tune. His address, for those interested, is stevec@pacificraceways.com Hopefully there will be enough folks that want to go out that day, because I sure could use a test day to shake off some rust.

Mr. Caputo is apparently off on vacation until the middle of next week. Ron Albin is filling in for him, but appears not to have an email address, so perhaps a call out there to him will get this ball rolling till Steve returns.
I will give him a shout tomorrow and let him know our desire to do some testing on the 1st. He may be checking Steve's emails, but I'll see if I can verify that. If they would give us 9:00 to say 2:00 that would be plenty of time for a shake down, for me anyway.

Last edited:
Let me say this about that.

Ron if BUSTING his hump at the track right now covering his own work and Steve's. When he hears an issue on the radio about the track, he's on it like the proverbial avocado in the tomato sandwich!!

SOVERN was 'short' today and he volunteered to spend the day at T4 as tow vehicle. Did a lot of instant stuff for us yesterday too.

Point being, whatever happens Ron is one of the GOOD GUYS. If he can get it done good. If it isn't to be.. rest assured Ron did what he could!

Last edited:
Did we ever get any definition on this issue?

I could use some T & T time for sure on Friday.

Anyone know?

RP

Per Steve Caputo as of Tues. @ 1:00 there will be NO T&T on Friday because of an early start to the High Skool Drags. And that's my final answer...:(

All the info you may need is listed on the race announcement, and on the supplemental regulations sheet. There are links to these docs on the ICSCC site.

We tried Kerry, but they make a lot more $$ from the drag folks than from us, so we need to have a much stronger showing on the Friday before our August event. Of course we need to let them know as far ahead as possible that we plan to attend the T&T, and if we have enough interest I'm sure they will try to accomodate us.

Well hell, the other side of it is a new drag mgr from a different part of the country, with different ways, trying to establish himself. So there are going to be conflicts. Hopefully soon to be 'single' weekends, all drag or all road. That would eliminate the petty differences between the two styles of racing. Bottom line: it's all racing. Fun for all, all for fun! Whoopee! ;)

Back