Auto Parts Stores - Discounts

Greg Miller

For those of us that do not have fleet discounts there are some avenues set up to get parts at a discount.

Jot these acct. names down and keep a copy in your wallet to pay less when you need to buy parts.

Baxter - Acct name = ICSCC
Carquest - Acct name = BMW Motorsports
Napa - Acct name = Conference Racers (#3911) - for "corporate stores"

Like with other retail / wholesale firms, the more activity they get the better the discount gets. Most of the above are 10% or better now.

Also - to save some money if you have to shop at Schucks, shop online then ask for the online price when you go to the store.

Greg, I spoke with the manager of the Factoria Schucks last week, and he is very interested to set us up with discounts too. I went in to buy a part for the Crossle and he started asking questions, so I will meet with him next week and see if they want to be 'part' of this growing network. I told him it would be our position to have the discounts at all of their stores, and he is ready to go to corporate with the info. I give him.
If you want to email me we could discuss what you feel I should take with me as far as paperwork.

Wes

Last edited:
I didn't set up the the Baxter acct. Just go into your local store and ask if your ICSCC acct shows up. Chances are it is set up for all stores.

The NAPA acct works for all 'corporate owned' stores and you may be able to ride on that discount at your local franchise store depending on how smooth you talk.

Wes, just fill out an account app. - cash sales, under a name that all Conference members and associates can use.

Presenting your OR Dr. Lic. to any establishment should also get the sales tax removed from a purchase in WA.

True. However, things were better before I moved to OR. Living in the Couv led to no income tax and no sales tax when shopping in OR. Cant believe I let the wife talk me in to moving to OR. :rolleyes:

Tried NAPA today and they could not find the account. Main NAPA store in Spokane.
The acct will be set up in the Spokane Area - Spokane / Airway Heights within a day or 2. If any other areas have a problem I can call the D.C in your area and get your area set up.

Napa - Acct name = Conference Racers (#3911) - for "corporate stores"

Tried this at the Kent store on Central, which is a corp store.
He couldn't find a record of it (bummer, I bought $300 worth of brakes), but did give me a preferred customer pricing...whatever that means. :rolleyes:

What I thought would be easy turns out to be NOT.
Each Distribution Center (DC) has its own accounts. So Spokane will be different than Seattle, different than Portland, etc. You can ask the manager in your area to set up an account just like the one in Seattle above. I did this for Spokane and they seem to be able to do that.
The Kent store has another issue. Their computer is having issues connecting to corporate so they have not been able to download A/R information. That will be fixed eventually. If you have problems in your area and NAPA is your preferred store, ask to set up a cash account just like the one above and see if it works.
Sorry, I thought I was helping us save some money and it would be easy.

No worries, by my math I still saved a bit.
And I don't blame the guy looking either, he certainly tried several ways to come up with the account.

BAxter Auto Parts account

I set up the baxters account and it should work at all locations in oregon washington and california. If theres ever any problems please let me know and Ill get it taken care of. I am a former employee. I have been pushing them to give a bigger discount but they say theres not enough activity on the account yet so step it up boys and girls:)

Back