Thanks IRDC...

Bill Bonsell

While the weather sucked big time, I think all the drivers had fun today at Bremerton. Thanks to Stephen Barnes and crew for putting on the event in weather only a duck would like! As a new IRDC member, I had a great time. And only 3 spins.....:D

------------------
Bill
Poulsbo, WA

We didn't make it for technical reasons.

We are SO HAPPY we didn't make it for the obvious reason. Open wheeling/open cockpiting would not have been fun for the driver or this crew person.

I made it out there but never took the car out of the trailer. It was without a doubt the coldest all day rain I've been exposed to for a long time. But, it was worth it to see Mike "Maddog'" Lathrop's Chevy V8 powered 1985 March Indy car drive up and down the back strip 7-8 times. This was the first time out for the car and the smile on Mike's face must have lasted for at least 2 hours. I don't think he got it over the first gear top speed of 68mph but what a ride for Mike. It will be our newest and fastest Formula Libre entrant this year in group 6. This project has been 8 years in preparation.

"Any day at the track is better then staying home" even when the rain is near freezing.

At always Steve, thanks for putting on a great event in miserable conditions.

Back