March 28th IRDC track day....whose in?

Bill Bonsell

Just curious about the numbers showing up for the "test and tune" day at Bremerton on the 28th....After two straight weekends of snow, I know the weather will be 'GREAT"! Yeah, Steve Pool tells me so....

Anyways, how many are signed up and any idea as to numbers expected? Should be great. As a newbie member, looking forward to introducing myself!:D

Bremerton is always well attended Bill, with lots of street cars and a smaller group of racers. Be sure to sign up early since it does fill up quickly as a rule.
There have been over 60 cars present in the past as I recall, but the weather in March dictates attendance to a degree.
In case you aren't aware, you can only pass down the front straight, and that's it. The 'back side' of the course is usually quite tight with tons of cones, (i.e. autocross stuff), and it can be quite slippery on that side as well.
See you there.

Last edited:
My son and I are in for a run group each.

The weather is always fine for (at least part of) a March Bremerton play day. And if it's not, who among us doesn't need more wet track time? OK, not you Olsen - you're already too quick in the rain. :p

I'm signed and will be there rain or shine.... The Pre-season to-do list is getting smaller every day (for now), but still a bunch of stuff that needs to get done by next Friday.

I'll see you guys out there!

Okay, Wes has closed the gap to only 1 post behind me so I can post again. We do plan on attending although a touch of work is still needed on the car.

Last year it SNOWED so hard the night before I called Jeff and told him I might not be able to get off the hill in the morning. Made it okay and off we went. Bremerton was sunny, dry and THRITY TWO degrees the entire day! Wear your ski clothes and bring lots of thermos's full of coffee (I'll be by for a cup :) )

..... and it can be quite slippery on that side as well.
See you there.

If you haven't driven Bremerton before, heed Wes's comment. The place most people get themselves in trouble is what's (normally) called Turn 4. As you apex the corner, you transition on to the drag strip VHT. The traction change can fool you. Lucky you spin on the pavement and go on. Unlucky you do a tank slapper and spin off backwards in to the Jersey Barrier. Use care in this area. Even when you think you've 'got it' it can bite you.

I will have the Fv there and my son will be cruising in the beginner group with our street car. By the way if there are any aspiring open wheel racers, have them stop by my pit and get a chance to sit in and get the feel of the car.

Back