CSCC Mar 14 Driver Training at PIR

mikecolangelo

Kudos to the folks (especially the volunteers) who made today's driver training at PIR such a success. I got some good wet driving experience today and met some of my fellow Spec Miata drivers.

See you next month!

Glad you had some fun Mike....I headed out to Bremerton for BSCC autocross this morning. Cold (32deg) with a bit of snow and rain mix. Got toward Bremerton and the snow was really falling and beginning to cover HWY 3...Wipers froze up so pulled off at a Texaco and got the wipers working again.

Was intent on getting up the HWY 16 grade and to the track. About half way up 16, going about 40-45 MPH, the back end of my Falken Azenis shod Miata broke loose and I went into a slow, graceful 180 slide across the down hill lane and came to rest facing downhill and neatly tucked on the side of the road....the first time I have ever spun a car except on a track of some sort.:eek:
Needless to say, had there been a car heading down at that time, I would definitely found out how good my cage, seat and harnesses were. Very lucky...gingerly made it down the hill and pulled in to DJ's and had some breakfast. Event ended up being cancelled....about 5 inches of snow ended up falling....:(

Oh well, there is always the IRDC day on the 28th...see you there??:)
----------------------

Hi Bill,
Yes, crappy weather today. Yesterday evening, I saw Bremerton's weather forecast and cancelled out from today's autox.

Glad to hear that you and your car are OK. Save it for next time. It'll be neat to see two Spec Miatas competing in an autocross!

I'll see you at the IRDC track day in Bremerton on the 28th!

I also want to thank all of the workers for standing out in the wind and rain to keep us safe. I had a good day.

Steve

Back