Noise limits at Pacific Raceways and Bremerton?

mikecolangelo

Hi all,

Can someone tell me what the noise limits are at Pacific Raceways and Bremerton? I couldn't find any info on their websites. Portland's website lists the noise limit at 105db (trackside).

Thanks in advance for any info.

Pacific Raceway is 103 dB

Bremerton has NO track related noise limit. But the clubs is still 103 dB. P.S. no sound equipment out on Track Days :)

I'm sorta shocked if Portland says 105 dB for two reasons.

CLUB limit is 103 dB

I think I read through the Portland 'track supps' and they say ALL CARS must have a muffler. Though I'm not sure if that statement relates to road racers or, if it's really enforced.

If you're worried about sound over all, I believe the most restricted noise track (at the moment) is Mission.

Last edited:
Thanks Richard! I'm pretty confident that my car (a Spec Miata with the Springfield Dyno exhaust) will pass those limits.

My car does a have muffler (it's small) and it is surprisingly loud.

Last edited:
Well Mike, you will find that sound is a really weird thing.

Rick Stark's Corvette (and other big bores) can go past your station, hit the gas and nearly DESTROY your hearing for life without getting a sound violation. Whereas, a whiney whizzy formula car can go by that you can hardly hear at all and he gets called for a 105 dB!

Makes no sense in a sensible sense, but loudness doesn't equal a sound violation and quietness doesn't mean you're not a violator.

Back