Stimulus package & law of the vacuum

Greg Miller

It seems to me that we should all enter the races early and often this season. By doing so we will stimulate the local economy and most importantly empty our wallets, thus creating a vacuum that will suck in more cash.
Why hold back? We all make too much to qualify for food stamps.

I just got through reading Race Economics 101.....;)

10 points if this thread doesn't get political !!

Well Greg-
I typically enter races early and instead of a vacuum noise I just hear more of an echo. Another thing is that at my age I can still manage to spend just about everything that I DID have in my wallet. Even when I do come to the track with some extra funds that dang Armadillo racing trailer calls my name and poof it's all gone. I'm always hoping that next year will be different but so far no change. But if somehow that does change it will be very stimulating...

Greg, my wife continues to ask, after 22 years, why there is virtually no balance in the savings account, to which I reply, "we have a savings account, really, I wasn't aware of that?"
My daddy always told me that if you can't take it with you, you may as well spend it, and I'm damned good at doing that!
I'm stimulated by just continung to receive a paycheck, however long that lasts. But I am curious, if the Feds can continue to print money like there's no tomorrow, why can't they share some of that with us little people?

Greg, I'm doing my part to stimulate the local economy as well as the replacement parts division of Mazda in Hiroshima, Japan! :eek:

In fact, today I MAILED in my racing entry form for the Apr 25 race at PIR (I'll be in Novice C/W). As a suggestion, it would be really nice (and much easier for all involved) if we could register and pay online at www.motorsportreg.com for this season's races. That way we could stimulate the economy and empty our wallets faster. A side benefit of doing this is that you can see who else is signed up for the event. I know the CSCC does this for their driver training days but not for racing.

P.S. Now that I've done my part, I expect some of you well-heeled folks (e.g., Porsche and BMW owners) to reciprocate and buy a 787 or ten. Just sayin' ;)

Last edited:
I'm going for total financial annihilation and then I'll apply for a bailout
so that I can get a corporate jet... I currently have no plans
to become an automaker, but depending on the size of the bailout,
that could change.

t

Toby, you don't qualify as an "American Automaker" because you put yor cars together out of actual separate parts. You would have to import larger subassemblies from Mexico and Korea to qualify .........

...... Even when I do come to the track with some extra funds that dang Armadillo racing trailer calls my name and poof it's all gone....

Here I thought we were the only ones with that problem. Happened to us last weekend and we were just there to work corners! :rolleyes:

That trailer should be declared a 'controlled substance'.

Back