Race Car Transport

mevolk

I'm looking at bringing a race car from Florida, anyone out there have experience with or could recommend a transporter service?

Intercitylines (www.intercitylines.com) does a great job. They are not cheap, but they only hire accident-free drivers and use enclosed trailers. They haul a lot of show cars and other expensive cars. This might not be what you want for a used race car as, again, they aren't cheap.

Here is another one that the D S/R guys have used and he transported one of my cars and spares back to Virginia without any problems .

Straight Roads
Gary Straight
249 Rock Bridge
Windsor, Co 80550
970-227-0237

I clicked on the Intercity web site just for fun. The $1,499 price coast-to-coast (plus fuel surcharge) 'seems' very reasonable.

When we purchased our car(s) out of Las Vegas I called them for pricing in 2007. The quote was about $1,200 plus a $70 fuel surcharge from Vegas to Tacoma for each car. We decided we could do it cheaper with a U-haul truck trailer and an inexpensive one way fly down.

Big factors in total cost are.

You must be flexible in letting THEM decide the pickup date. They will do it when they have a truck in the 'area'.

That was another negative for us as we had a pick up deadline due to seller moving.

Spare parts and wheels! Have the Florida end pack it TIGHT. As I recall, there was an additional charge of abound $30 for EACH spare wheel or parts box. That can add up in a hurry. 8 wheels would have been an instant $240 more for us. Let alone the spares boxes.

Last edited:
You might ask Scott Adare if you're not in a hurry. I heard he'll be on the east coast with his transporter and he might have some space on the way back.

--Bryan

Back