Apparently both the March 7 school and the lapping day are full

I don't know about that... but I do know that this Saturday, Proformance only has about 15 cars signed up (ie: two run groups with 7-8 cars each!) and they're going ahead with the event anyway. Everyone could end up with well over 3.5 hours of real track time. Half hour on, half hour off. By the afternoon, a lot of the cars leave from being out of tires and brakes. If you've got the equipment, it's a good environment for a test and tune.

If anybody out there has an interest in coming out, nows the time to make up your mind. Call Proformance tomorrow and we'll see you out there on Saturday.

I will be there for the afternoon session in my daily driver green '99 Miata. I will probably have the top down unless it's raining 'coz that's how we roll on the south side! ;)

See ya' there at least one of these weekends :)

Last edited:
Mike,

You might want to check with Proformance on that. I flag for them on occasion. If you're a convertable (soft top type) you might need a roll bar. Not sure but worth a phone call.

Yes, they run 2 groups. Sort of broken up by experience. By the afternoon if the car counts have gone down a lot, they will/might combine the groups and you get longer runs.

Make sure you've got PLENTY of brake pads on the car. You see a lot of street cars days cut short when they run out of pads.

Last edited:
No worries, the car does have a 4-pt roll bar and I got Don's confirmation that it's OK.

Good call on the brake pads. I'll be sure bring along an extra set and some tools just in case.

Thanks for the advice.

Schedule for Saturday?

I poked around the IRDC web site and didn't see anything.

Is there a schedule yet for the May 7 school at Pacific Raceways? In particular I'm wondering about the lapping group, and if they are going to be first on track at 9am. And what time the drivers meeting is.

thanks,

Lance here is the schedule I received (to large to post)
I can email you the "offical version" if you email me.

Saturday Schedule
7:15a – 7:50a Registration
7:50a – 8:00a Proceed to Driver Services
8:00a – 9:20a Track Orientation
8:20a– 8:45a Instructor meeting at Driver Services
9:00a– 9:10a Lapping Group Meeting at Driver Services
9:30a– 10:00a Group 1 - Track Orientation laps 3-N-4.
Group 2 - Grandstands – Observation
10:00a–10:30a Lapping Group – 1st session
Group 1- Grandstands – Observation
10:30a–11:00a Group 2 Track Orientation laps 3-N-4
11:00a–11:30a Group 1 on course
11:30a–12:00p Lapping Group - 2nd session
12:00 – 12:30p Group 2 on course.
12:30p– 1:00p **** LUNCH****
1:00p – 1:30p Group 1 on course
Group 2 assemble at Drivers Services.
1:30p – 2:00p Group 2 on course
Group 1 assemble at Drivers Services
2:00p – 2:30p Lapping Group - 3rd session
2:30p – 3:00p Group 1 on course
3:00p – 3:30p Group 2 on course
***ALL STUDENTS TO DRIVERS SERVICES FOR MEETING***
3:30p – 4:00p Lapping Group - 4th session & Instructors session
4:00p – 4:20p Mock Start
4:20p – 4:50p Instructor Group Lapping
4:50p – 5:00p Track Clean-up –
Volunteers are Welcome & Appreciated

Does anyone know when the annual techs will be performed on Saturday? I'll be bringing a Spec Miata to get teched. My car has an SCCA logbook but not a Conference one so I'll be needing the "full meal deal".

Thanks in advance!

The mighty 327 car (all 1600 cc's of it) is preparing for battle!

Will this school/lapping day have a hot pit configuration down where we normally grid, so cars can come off before T10 to check pressures, etc. then rejoin before T2? Or is all track entry/exit taking place at T8?

Thank you-

Back