NWERS update-again.

westipton

Great news, we have 22 entries for the upcoming 6 hour as of yesterday. I know there are a few others on the fence, so please come join us for the first event of 2009. We'd love to see 30 + cars out there, and so would the other competitiors, so jump off that fence and come play!
Bruce tells me the weather will be just fine, and he's never lied to me before!

Wes Tipton
NWERS

Good weather he says?
10 days away. Anyone know where I can get a good deal on some snow tires for a PRO3 car?
Lynn are you guys planning on 2 person white woolen jump suits?

Interesting question from a 'rules' point of view. But I assure you (almost with certainty) you won't see any open wheel cars in the Enduro regardless of the rule. Most of them carry 5 to 7 gallon fuel cells. Our 2 Liter FC is running at about 9 miles per gallon at full racing speeds. So that would mean a refuel stop about every 24 laps leaving a slosh about amount in the cell. Or, about 2 refuels an hour.

Beyond that, engine life in open wheelers are also very much lower then your typical tin-top. If my calculation is correct, we'd run about 540 miles in a 6 hour enduro. That's about 1/4th to 1/3rd of our engine life.

Last edited:
I believe Sports racers are allowed and I think one of them is entered. As long as they have fenders they can run.

I believe Sports racers are allowed

Just a note here per the original question. Most sports racers don't have open wheels :D :D ;)

Yes, some sports racers also carry larger fuel cells. The 'classic' of these for endurance racing is the Radical which is designed for a European single make mini-endurance racing series. Sadly due to the endurance concept of the car, a touch too heavy to be a pointy end of the pack sprinter in D/SR or C/SR but they sure are COOL!

We used to have 3 or 5 of them in the Northwest. But I haven't seen them for a while.

When the economy turns around perhaps somebody here in the Northwest could bless us with a Radical SR8 !!! As it holds the lap record around Nordschlefe something tells me it would be an ICSCC enduro winner :)

http://www.radicalsportscars.com/range/sr8-supersport-lm

Why shucks even an SR5 would do.

http://www.radicalsportscars.com/range/sr5-endurosport

Last edited:
The latest extended forecast from King5, which I have found to be more reliable than most over the years, says sun and possible showers both March 7 and 8. Sounds encouraging, but we'll know more by early next week.

Enduro Driver entry forms

Hey Folks,
The Registrar has told me that at least 10 Drivers in the enduro have not sent in their entry forms. Every Driver needs to send in a form and every Driver wll get a Tech sheet for their gear. It will make things go much smoother at registration if the entries are already entered before hand.

Thank You,

Last count was 24 cars, with a few more pending! I just checked the weather report and it shows blue skies Saturday and Sunday, with possibly a few showers on Sunday, so it seems the enduro Gods may be smiling down on us.

Don't forget to set your clocks ahead one hour this weekend. Would hate for anyone to miss the morning meeting, or the first practice session.

Can I safely assume folks will be on hand this weekend that will allow people to join IRDC? I'm WAY overdue for joining the club.

Also, spectators are free, right? Assuming they're nutty enough to come out in the wind, rain & snow...

Umm yes.

There are (almost) always staff there with membership forms.

NOTE:
If by chance they are in the 'almost' mode and not there, sign in as a Race Worker and take care of the membership later. Or, join the ROD (Race Organizers Division) which is a thingy for workers.

Non-Driver memberships are $30 for the year.

If you intend to support the club filling a volunteer position on occasion (Race Worker Membership) it's FREE!

Spectators:
Coming in as a member of a car crew or volunteer is FREE!

If you come just to the track gate as an off-the-street spectator, you will be required to sign a liability waiver and "probably" pay a small fee (has been $10 or $15) that covers the insurance costs. The liklihood of this depends upon whether any one is at the gate.

Last edited:
Can I safely assume folks will be on hand this weekend that will allow people to join IRDC? I'm WAY overdue for joining the club.

Also, spectators are free, right? Assuming they're nutty enough to come out in the wind, rain & snow...

Way to go, Boss! :cool:

Thanks for reminding everyone again about the time change DB, it will be nice to have light until almost 6:30.
Please remember also to bring your studded rain tires on Sunday, since it appears that we will have showers, sun and possible snow flurries! That's hard to believe as pretty as it is outside right now, but I'm sure the snow will be mainly to the north and east, leaving us with the showers and sun breaks.

Last edited:
2008 "Defrost Race". Snow, rain, sleet, hail and high winds.

Surely the ICSCC drivers can live up to the "Endurance" and perseverance of the SOVREN racers! :)

The 'Defrost' kick-off comes way early this year eh? I sit here at 6:12 watching the sun slowly set over the lake, and I realize that Sunday evening it will be setting at 7:12, how cool is that? Spring is just around that far bend in the road, and the smell of hot oil and hot rubber is not too far away either...

Back