IRDC Driver's School Instructors

This is a call for those interested and availalbe to be instructors at the March 7, 2009 IRDC Driver's School at Pacific Raceways. We need your help, please call Dave Bennitt 425-869-2868 or email at ddbennitt@aol.com if you can be an instructor. IRDC is looking for 35 senior drivers to be instructors. Thanks for your support.

Just a selfish plea here for people to call Dave and volunteer so I can feel a little less guilty about feeling like I'm not ready to teach someone how to drive just quite yet...if you guys don't, I'm gonna have to and I'm sure you can all imagine how horrific that could be for the next generation of Conference drivers.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to work that day, but I'll come out if it's at all possible. (Dave, I'll e-mail you that week if I'll be able to instruct.)

School Instructors

Currently we have 35+ students and only 21 instructors. I wold like a 1 to 1 ratio if possible. Thanks for your assistance. Remember, the schools bring in new Novice drivers and are a great source for corner workers.

Don't feel ready to instruct? You can still help!

If you feel you are still too green to teach, head on down to the track for the weekend anyway, and you will be put to work! There's more to running one of them thar schools than just sitting in the passenger seat, instructing.

If you need to know more, ask Dave Bennitt, or come to the General Membership meeting next Wednesday (you know, the one at the Southcenter Sizzler).

Marie Fjellanger
IRDC Lackey

One of the issues facing many instructors is many of the usual suspects will all be in our Spring clinic at ProFormance.
Speaking for myself, I hope to help out as much as I can in the morning before our clinic and stay as late as I can after.

Curtis

I would like to thank all the instructors, corner workers and support staff that participated in the IRDC Drivers School last weekend. Without your assistance this event would not be possible. Thanks again and I hope to see you in July where the temperature should be warmer than the 15 F wind chill we endured.

.....warmer than the 15 F wind chill we endured.

Really? Full force of the hurricane winds hit us at T-8. No wonder I'm sitting here recovering from a cold... Duhhh.

As I said to a few of the 'leaders' at the end of the Enduro,

"Thanks for the Memory's".... That's one weekend that will live on in infamy.

I can't say it was 'fun' as almost any weekend at the track is. But it was a weird fun for sure.

Thank You

To Everyone who made the weekend at the Speedway a great experience-"thankyou", the travel from Vancouver Island was more than worth it. Instruction from everyone was exceptional-Dave Haire thanks for your inspiration and knowledge, it was an unforgetable experience which I will no doubt be talking about for a long, long time. To Dave Bennett and all of the people behind the scenes, great work. I am trying to recruit more drivers from out here as I type.

I look forward to meeting you all again in the following months.

Chris Mousseau

It's 'funny' that you would describe your experience as 'weird funny' Rick since you are so normal. Okay, sorry, wrong Rick!
So you and Kenny were dogging the elements at T8 eh? That must have been really 'fun' because I know even the paddock was cold and miserable both days! I doubt we'll see that happen again for decades, but I was amazed that the workers stayed on station well beyond the red flag Sunday. Their, and your dedication is truly inspiring!

Back