Trailer Rental

Trevor Cobb

Hey everyone,

Just a question about how/where to go about renting a trailer. I'm taking my first trip to the Nor Cal tracks from 19 to 22 March. I could drive my Track car down (Lotus Exige - 2000lbs wet) but given it is 4 days back-to-back, I'd like to trailer it.

Does anyone know where I can rent trailer other than UHaul? I am fine with either an open or enclosed trailer. The truck is a V8 Dodge Dakota.

Appreciate the help!

Trevor

Hey everyone,

Just a question about how/where to go about renting a trailer. I'm taking my first trip to the Nor Cal tracks from 19 to 22 March. I could drive my Track car down (Lotus Exige - 2000lbs wet) but given it is 4 days back-to-back, I'd like to trailer it.

Does anyone know where I can rent trailer other than UHaul? I am fine with either an open or enclosed trailer. The truck is a V8 Dodge Dakota.

Appreciate the help!

Trevor

Email me I have an open car trailer I could rent you.

Trevor,

Scott Adare will be with us on this trip, and may be able to haul your car for a very good price that could make flying a viable economic option.

As with Scott, I have an open trailer, recently serviced, that'd work great for you. It's got electric brakes, though, so you'd either need a brake controller or be willing to use just the brakes on the truck. (It's less than 1200lbs, though.)

Steve and Scott,

I'll find out more about the truck I'll be using (my father's or father-inlaw's) this weekend and get back to you. I didn't check to see if either had the stuff to hook of electic brakes. All my personal towing in the Army was small stuff with my Ford Ranger. I'll be using a bigger truck for this trip. I'll send you a note soon so we can talk price and logistics. I'm in Mill Creek so I am close to both of you.

Randy, thanks for the note about Scott Adare. I'm looking forward to seeing him. I like the idea of a long drive (I was recently couped up in Switzerland) so if I can, I plan to make the trip on the ground this year.

Thanks for the help!

Don't forget to check the size of your balls and whether you have the correct reciever (if used).

Can save last minute trips to the auto parts store as you're trying to leave town. Ask me how I know this?

Last edited:
Assuming your tow vehicle has the 2 1/4" (is that the size?) receiver, you can rent/borrow my hitch, too.

You'll have to supply your own balls, though: My wife hasn't let me have mine back since last season. :D

Don't forget to check the size of your balls and whether you have the correct reciever (if used).

Can save last minute trips to the auto parts store as you're trying to leave town. Ask me how I know this?

I typically find that my size is incorrect just about the time I enter turn 1 at Thunderhill or Turn 2 in Seattle :)

And it keeps happening :D:D

Probably ought to let this comment die now.

RP

Trevor, I just listed a 20' enclosed trailer for sale on the Buy & Sell section. You can rent that if you are interested. Maybe even consider it a "sea trial" in case you're in the market to purchase an inexpensive trailer for your future use? Give me a call if you're interested.

Had a blast running with you and the rest of the "Wallace" team at the Karting Race!!

Dave
425-870-5830

Back