PRO-7/HP/ITA Mazda RX-7 For Sale

wjwracer

I had high hopes for 2009, with a combination of funding and time to go racing. But for the first time in my 20+ year government career I am faced with the possibility of layoffs- if not now, then possibly at some future time. Spending the money to race simply is not a wise move in our household. So it is with regret that I sell my 1982 Mazda RX-7 PRO-7 race car. I rather see someone race it then letting it sit around and gathering dust.

The car is set up for PRO-7 in ICSCC but can also run H-Production and ITA. Vehicle has the following improvements: Tokico struts, Eibach springs, Ground Control sway bar, bump steer block, strut brace, certified cage (SCCA and ICSCC) including driver's door bars, 10-gallon fuel cell, window net, new belts, Racing Beat plate/clutch, Yaw carb w/regulator, Magnaflow exhaust, welded spider with full posi, 5" tach w/shift light, pressure/temp gauges, Fluke pyrometer, Kirby seat and too many spares to list, including extra wheels and rain tires. Log-book in hand. Have not started in awhile and will require a battery, a change of fluids, a carb tune-up and possibly adding passanger door bars to the cage. All maintenance work performed by Jeff's Automotive in Puyallup, Washington and I certainly would suggest letting Jeff prepare the car.

I raced this car in a total of 6 race weekends from 2005 to 2007, all at PIR (#307). In my first race , I was 15-sec a lap slower then the fastest Pro-7; after 6 races that dropped to 4-seconds a lap. This is great car for someone starting off in racing - can't think of a cheaper way to go racing and have fun.

Asking $1,700 - includes all the bits and pieces. It will probably take another $500+ to get it track ready. E-mail at wjwendolowski@hotmail.com for more data/photos or call at (503) 689-7288.

Maybe next year . . . . !!!

Back