Closed Wheel Novice Roll Call

Scott Norton

Epic Win, I push limit
So who's a rookie like me and what car and class?
Just wondering who I'll be playing with at the beginning of the season:cool:

OO ooo me me!! ..... if I can ever get my car ready....grumble grumble stupid engine builder cough grumble

'04 STi - I will be running ITE, ST, possibly SPM after completing the novice program.

Last edited:
OO ooo me me!! ..... if I can ever get my car ready....grumble grumble stupid engine builder cough grumble

'04 STi - I will be running ITE, ST, possibly SPM after completing the novice program.

I knew that (novice) :p

Do we need to go and "visit" the stupid engine builder?
You know, um...motivate him?
I am heading that direction about 90% of the way Saturday to pick up my 140lbs of ballast :)() I am buying so I will be at my legal weight of 3023 lbs.

He better have it ready I want to hear that pop off valve when you go by me :D since my PWR at the rear wheels is only 13.740909:1 :eek: (yes I need to count all those decimal places)

shhhh don't say it too loudly but ... the engine will be finished and on the truck today for a delivery on Monday or Tuesday... Hopefully its a complete build this time with all the wrist pin clips...

I dunno about decimal places... I think it is completely appropriate. It has been 139 days 1 hour 10minutes 13.44452087 seconds since my car was last running healthy...

Not that I will need ballast anytime soon, but where did are you getting yours from?

You don't need to run ballast in NCW. Hell, you don't even need a class-legal car, just a safe one.

You don't need to run ballast in NCW. Hell, you don't even need a class-legal car, just a safe one.

I suspected that might be the case. Then I will need it only when I actually move up to run in RS right?

That would be cool only 2880 lbs instead of 3023 lbs. :cool:

If so then I need to revise the PWR to 13.090909:1 :rolleyes:

My ballast is just some iron weight lifting plates I was going to pick up on Craigslist. Maybe I will bag that idea for a while since I would not need it until the Mission Race in June at the soonest.

It has been 139 days 1 hour 10minutes 13.44452087 seconds since my car was last running healthy...

Is that all? (I kidd, I know how long it FEELS) mine was down 262 days, 4 hours, 12 minutes and 2.37568921 seconds :eek:

Hopefully its a complete build this time with all the wrist pin clips...
That would be nice seeing how you paid for all of them.

This is my rookie season, too. I'll be driving a red and black (#327) Spec Miata. I STRONGLY encourage our BMW and STI friends to put in at least 1000 lbs of ballast! ;)

Seriously, I look forward to racing with you guys & girls. Scott, I do have a soft spot for BMW E36 M3s so I'll probably check out your car one of these days.

Here's a pic of my car with the old numbers: http://vanhap.com/imgs/2008/August/08-10-BW-Speed Ventures/BLACK/105pm/slides/VP__6665.html

Last edited:
I might get the chance this year running my dads EIP RX2. Dont know if i will but i really want to. But having a baby is going to probably eat up the racing budget.

This is my rookie season, too. I'll be driving a red and black (#327) Spec Miata. I STRONGLY encourage our BMW and STI friends to put in at least 1000 lbs of ballast! ;)

Seriously, I look forward to racing with you guys & girls. Scott, I do have a soft spot for BMW E36 M3s so I'll probably check out your car one of these days.

Here's a pic of my car with the old numbers: http://vanhap.com/imgs/2008/August/08-10-BW-Speed Ventures/BLACK/105pm/slides/VP__6665.html

Good lord man!! I'm already at 3300 LBS!

Maybe we can get you a turbo for that Miata :D

The shame of 3300 lbs with only 400+ hp and AWD to get it to the ground :p ;)

400 at the flywheel, but I lose a whole bunch more than RWD through the drive line. 400 for me at the flywheel only gets me about 330 (give or take) to the ground.

Gotta love the AWD though :D

400 at the flywheel, but I lose a whole bunch more than RWD through the drive line. 400 for me at the flywheel only gets me about 330 (give or take) to the ground.

Gotta love the AWD though :D

10 TO 1 power to weight ratio should get the job done nicely!

I only kept up with you one time last year because of tire issues you were having. And you had to run dry tires in the rain. Otherwise you would have left me!

Back