Support the Doernbecher Kids!

smiller

Hello Doernbecher Supporters!

We've started a new program to help support the Doernbecher kids year round with a product everyone knows and loves, all natural soy candles. Check it out! www.candleheart.org/raceforthekids

Give the gift that gives twice!!

CandleHeart provides beautiful, all natural soy candles that are a healthy and a better alternative to paraffin candles, which are an oil by product and emits soot and toxins. Soy candles last longer and have a better scent throw than paraffin candles. Candleheart partnered with Doernbecher Charity will help raise awareness, funds and make a difference with a product you already know and enjoy.

Whether a single purchase or a candle of the month purchase, 35-40% of all sales goes to the Doernbecher kids! If you or know of someone who loves candles please consider purchasing the candle that gives twice! Spread the news today and together we can make a difference. Send an email to your family, friends, co-workers and community. Please help Cascade Sport Car Club help the Doernbecher's Children's Heart Program ALL YEAR LONG.

Thank you for your continuing support!

Shelly Miller
Miller Race Team
503-805-1366

www.candleheart.org/raceforthekids

TIP!! You get a better shipping rate if you purchase two or more!

Just to clarify the (current) admin's take on posts like this, Shelly had contacted me in advance about the best place for this post. At the time, I thought it would be fair game to put it here. Upon reading the post, though, and the commercial aspects to it, I'd probably be more inclined to move it to the Commercial Posts section. This is one of those grey areas that give policy-makers headaches. :)

If nobody objects to it, we'll leave it here; otherwise, I'll move it to the commercial section and have a little egg on my face as far as Shelly's concerned.

Thanks!

This is for Doernbechers Kids, not a commercial post in my opinion. I have no problem with this post being on this side.

I wouldn't have a problem, either, except that the solid majority of the money goes to a commercial entity and NOT to the kids. That being said, I'm not too bent out of shape for having it here.

In actuallity, most fundraising businesses do not offer such a high rate offered to the organizations. Most cases, only 10-25% is donated back. Candleheart needs to cover expenses just like every "commercial" company and is generous to donate upto 40% of all sales every month. I understand the debate as to where this thread should be placed but really, I'm happy to be anywhere anyone can learn about Doernbechers new campaign and purchase a candle for the kids. Thank you Steve and Kyle

You're absolutely right, Shelly, and I appreciate the clarification. I think in future, though, just for consistency's sake, I'll suggest anything like this go in the "commercial" section, even though it's kinda not.

(FWIW, and in case anyone is interested in how the current Admin is "making the sausage," had it been anything other than Doernbecher, which obviously has a long history with the Conference race in Portland, I would've automatically placed it in the "Commercial Posts" section. It was that extra little ICSCC link that nudged me into saying it could go here.)

Back