Truth in 24

Uh, er, yeah the pot be very black! When were you born anyway Steve, care to share that? I know it was a few years before me, and decades before Frank, but even the decade would do.

Uh right, I meant a few years after me. Probably a lot of 'few' years, but you're not telling. I on the other hand will be 60 on May 31, which Joe Willie Namath and I share - and don't tell me you don't know who that is!

Of course I know "Broadway Joe." I share a birthday with both Harrison Ford and Julius Caesar, ergo I am also cool and a badass. As for my age, I'm not as young as I used to be but still older than I look...

You guys have no concept of what "old" is. In 1967 I was trying to figure out what to do after a couple of visits to "the war".

I attended my first SCCA race the year Juan Fangio gave us the race of the century at Nordschleife.

I remember where I was when Kennedy was assissinated.

I watched the 1st performance of Elvis Presley on the Ed Sullivan show on a black and white TV.

I remember when Joe DiMaggio married Marilyn Monroe.

Okay, I don't remember this but, I was alive during the battle of Stalingrad!

Last edited:
A cool badass, how cool is that! I'm cool too I suppose since Clint E. is a May 31 guy, as is my favorite actor, Tom Berenger from the movie Sniper.
Oh yeah, and 'Bonzo' Bonham from Led Zeppelin and the Russian cosmonaut Vladislav Ivanovich Gulyayev.
I remember where I was with Kennedy and Elvis, but missed the one on Fangio unitl years later Rich. That man had huge knarlies for sure, and the fact that he actually survived it all is a testiment to his true talent - and luck!

Back