1969 510 gip

Selling my 1969 Datsun 510 road race car. I currently race it in GIP class.
The car is fast and well sorted. It holds class lap records at all the northwest tracks. It is also a vintage legal car in SOVERN [it last ran sovern in 2005].
If you are thinking about road racing or autocrossing this is a excellent car to get into racing with.
I have it listed on craigslist in Spokane. The this is the PostingID: 1442373398
Please look there for all the spec's. I'm flexable on the price. I need to sell it because I found a Open wheel car. Any questions fell free to call me.

Thanks,
Todd

1969 Datsun 4 dr. 510 race car

Lots of history on this car going back to the Westwood days in the early 80s. It is the former Doug Almond championship Datsun Radial Challenge (DRC) car.

Was owned by myself and raced by Brian Meakings a few years ago - raced in Conf. GIP and also SOVREN. Brian got down into the 43s on well used tires.

Todd has done considerable upgrades since, and you will have a blast with this car. You can pretend you are John Morton driving the famous BRE B sedan car.

Robert Barg

Thanks Mike for posting the link to the add!

Thanks Robert for your words.
I did do lots of upgrades on the car as Robert said. I don't know if I was much faster or as fast as Brian [ but I do weight lots more than him :) ] but it is a blast to drive.

I really don't want to sell the car. The only reason I am is because I found
a FC that i can fit in and I want to run in group 3.

I lowered the price to $5800. If you are just thinking about the car call me
maybe we can work out a deal.

Todd Stanley
GP 5 #14

No it's not Brads car. I would love to have his car.
This car I believe came from the east or maybe Canada.
I don't really recall the full story. When I first looked at the car and was able to get in and out of it [see I'm 6'1 and 260 before meals].
My mind became like a 16 year old looking at his first car. All I heard was blah blah car blah blah.
I was later asked what spares the car came with and I couldn't remember. I feel stupid but it's really kind of funny.
I do know now what the car comes with;). So anyway I'm very motivated to sell the 510 [now I sound like a used car salesman].

Todd

It's a RF83 with updates. A local friend of mine had it. I found it thru word of mouth.

I had joined Apexspeed a long time ago when I first thought about going open wheel racing.

Now my question is : do I have to change my user name from racing 510s to something else???:D

Todd

The car is sold and delivered. Thanks ICSCC forum!!!

Toby I have extra jets, so give me a call so I can get them to you.:)

Thanks,
Todd
509-991-9299

Todd,
If you need any wing stuff let me know I have several designs to choose from, front and rear.
Lawrence

I never really followed this site before but WOW ! It's nice to hear that the old war horse went on to provide fun for others as well.
Yes I campainged the car for 10 years at Westwood. I sold it after winning the DRC championship 2 years in a row in the mid 80's.
Does anyone know the later fate of the olg girl?

Doug Almond

Back