Thank you icscc racing family

dan_heinrich

Our President, Mike Tripp suggested I post this note on the ICSCC Forum.

On Saturday morning at the Cascade Dash for Kids race weekend I was having a problem with shortness of breath and went to the ambulance at the track to be checked out. The Medics sent me to the hospital for further diagnosis. The ER physician conducted several tests and released me with instructions to return on Monday for more extensive testing and with instructions not to do any strenuous activity.

Unfortunately, appointments were unavailable for the tests I needed until the following Monday, August 28th. On that date, I was given a nuclear heart stress test based on my past history of heart disease, which I failed.

The next day an angiogram was performed and verified my right coronary artery had a 90% to 95% blockage and my previous by-pass graft was 100% blocked. The doctor was able to roto rooter the calcified artery and insert two stents to correct the problem. I could fee the difference in my breathing by the time I was taken back to my hospital room for recovery.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the race at Mission this weekend, but will be back Stewarding for the final two championship races of the year at the Ridge and the Cascade Enduro.

I want to give my deepest thanks to all the drivers, officials, workers and my immediate family for their support. The phone calls, emails, texts and prayers were truly appreciated and it makes me feel so proud to be a member of the Conference family.

See you at the track,
Dan Heinrich

Wow - Being away from the family as of late I hadn't heard about this, but I am really glad you got checked out & cleaned up a bit.

Thanks for sharing especially for those of us who weren't around.

Dan,

I am very happy to hear things took a turned for the positive and you're feeling better. Thank you for everything you do for the ICSCC family.

See you at The Ridge.

Aside from being a genuinely nice guy, Dan is one of a relatively small group of people without whom Conference wouldn't fly. So now we all have at least two reasons to say "Whew! Glad that got worked out!"

Thanks, Dan, both for "being you" and for everything you (and Linda, and Chris) do for Conference.

Last edited:
Wow Dan!!! So sorry to hear you won't be in Mission, but so glad this was caught and you're on the mend!!! I haven't been on the Forum for a while but on the eve of the Conference race at my home track I thought I would check - sending positive healing thoughts southward, and a big hug!

Dan

Over joyed to hear you are on track and almost ready to go. You and your family are one of the beacons of the Conference family that keeps us on track with your tireless dedication. :smile::smile::smile:

We miss you

I had not come to the Forum before the weekend, so only found out when I arrived for the lunch meeting yesterday and Mike told me. We are very happy to hear that you sound like you are well on the road to recovery and that we'll see you at the Ridge. See you soon. Gerry & Sue

Back