Race Day Scheduling with Groups 3 and 6 Combined

Roldan

I'm sure there is a good reason why combined Group 3/6 gets placed at the end of the day but doing so makes it very difficult for those that share a car or wish to double enter in Groups 2 and 5, or Groups 1 and 4. The upcoming IRDC event at the Ridge has only one group between Groups 2 and 5, and between Groups 1 and 4 on Saturday. On Sunday Groups 1 and 4 have some space but Groups 2 and 5 still have a tight schedule. It would be helpful in this case to have Group 3/6 placed after Group 2. This was also an issue during the Cascade double race weekend. The ability to share cars has and double enter has been an important part of conference racing in the past. There are likely some lost entries as a result of the new tighter scheduling.

In our case the tires and weight need to be changed between race groups in addition to switching driving gear and getting a video camera ready etc. We're still going to come out and try to make it work but if we end up not making it to grid on time it will impact our ability to continue racing in the future.

Combining Groups 3 and 6 eliminates any chance for open wheel FF, FC, FA, FM or FB entering two races. The 'general' class in group 6 of FL is available for all of those classes to have a second entry.

If you combine the two groups into Group 3, you run Groups 5 and 1 back to back. A lot of the PRO3 cars run in ITE in G5 and PRO3 in G1. These cars would essentially be coming off track and going straight to Pregrid without allowing time for a driver change, or refueling.

As Race Chair I take combining of groups very seriously. It causes combined group racers to not be able to do a second race or rent their car for a second race and it messes up other groups that now run back-to-back. I'm also a G6 racer so it directly affect me as well. The main reason for combining is lack of entries, no one wants to watch 3 or 4 cars making "laps". I can not combine groups without permission of the Steward and a history of low attendance. Unfortunately we have a history of low attendance at TRMP so I was granted permission to combine groups. When G3 and G6 are combined I have to do it in G6, this is a requirement from the Steward. On a regular race weekend, if attendance is low I have the option to combine groups with the permission of the Steward and the racers at that event. Again, G3 goes into G6.

That being said I have good news! G3 and G6 will be split back into their normal race groups this weekend. The Schedule has been revised and when approved will be posted. As it turns out we are going to have good numbers in both groups so it makes sense to split them back up. Also the number of Novices is only 3 so the Licence Director will be placing them in the appropriate Championship groups so no separate Novice race this weekend.

We will also have access to the upper grandstands so spectating will be really good too. Please bring friends and family to enjoy our sport!

Novices this weekend

... Also the number of Novices is only 3 so the Licence Director will be placing them in the appropriate Championship groups so no separate Novice race this weekend.

We will also have access to the upper grandstands so spectating will be really good too. Please bring friends and family to enjoy our sport!

If any novices have a concern or question on what run group they'll be placed in please give me a call. 503 734 7355

thanks, see you this weekend!

Mark Estes Conf. License Director.

....Also the number of Novices is only 3 so the Licence Director will be placing them in the appropriate Championship groups so no separate Novice race this weekend......

This FIRST occurs back when my son was a novice, years ago and it was working great. When did it go back??

Back