Back to the races?

Vince

Hello All,
Way back in the day I held a ICSCC license. I'll say it was THE most fun I ever had. Kids are pretty much grown and I'm itching to race again. I used to race CR. What is a similar class with lots of cars and close competition aimed at the poor (okay relatively poor, I can probably afford a cheap race car....lol). Is CR a thing still? When I left CR was losing drivers as the Miata class was picking up. What's the class now for lesser expensive cars with a large field?
Yep I'll be out at the track soon. I'd like to do a DT but I don't think my F350 would be much fun.
Thanks
Vince
(white n red cr from the late 90's)

PRO3 is a big class with lots of cars turning out for every race. A really fun crowd. I see there are two really nice cars advertised on this site for a good price, one by Mark Estes in Portland posted 6-2 and one by Ryan in Vancouver, B.C. posted 10-15 with a recently reduced price.
Good luck.
Michael Maros
Former PRO3 Jagermeister #136
Current Formula Ford #6

Competitive and affordable - Spec Miata or ITA. Both have been growing as of late.

You can pick up a front-ish running car <$6k and be going.

TY

Competitive and affordable - Spec Miata or ITA. Both have been growing as of late.

You can pick up a front-ish running car <$6k and be going.

Thank both of you for your replies.
Where can I view current and last year's race results? I have googled it and spent sometime looking.
I'd like to see the number of cars in specific groups and their times.
My first thought was Spec Miata. I'm also interested in formula v. I'm an old VW guy and have rebuilt 100's of aircooled motors and have always liked the looks of that class. So that is one reason I'd like to see some race results..I certainly don't want to race with one or two other cars in class. CR was really fun back in the day. Tons of cars and lots of close racing-

Vince, on the home page click Events & Results. Then choose what year you want to view and click Show. That year's races will display. Click on the Race link for each event for that date's race results.

You will see how many cars ran in each class and how close their lap times are to each other. Hope to see you at the track soon!

http://www.icscc.com/season.php

You can see how many of what cars entered the various races of this season and past seasons including results, laptimes etc.

The last race at Pacific Raceways has 21 Spec Miatas and 6 ITA cars. The Rose City Opener had 31 SMs and 8 ITA.

Also, Spec Miatas and non-miata-ITA cars can both run in groups 2 and 5 giving you 2 run groups and more track time. A PRO3 car gives you the same benefit as well.

Off topic here. I attended Charles P Denkers memorial this weekend. Very sad day for all of us who were a part of his life. He's was responsible for getting me into racing. I will say that was the least amount of impact he had on my life. I was more than fortunate to be his friend and the recipient of his overwhelming goodwill. He was one of the "GOOD GUYS". You will be missed forever CPD-

Colin !! it is not how fast someone tells you how fast the car is " IT IS HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO " ???? the car only goes as fast as "YOU" can drive it ????

Colin !! it is not how fast someone tells you how fast the car is " IT IS HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO " ???? the car only goes as fast as "YOU" can drive it ????

I believe too it depends on driver's capacity. There are just some cars that need some good modification to enhance the response and power to achieve what the driver feels the car should perform. I personally more on a tune and getting a better tires (like Michelin, BFG and Toyo tires as per experience) for good performance.

Back