Area 27 new track in Oliver BC

And folks say ORP is too far off the beaten path. Looks like 8-9 hours from Portland area. Looks like a fun circuit, but plan on a days drive each way.

It actually looks like it could be a pretty big, fast venue. If they finish the amenities the way they have planned it could be a great venue for a two race in two days type of week-end.

In their info they already state that they are open to holding club races with member approval so it wouldn't surprise me if a little negotiation could get a date. Also noted that strict noise regs would be enforced regardless of event.

Still a lot to know about this, but the 3+ mile counterclockwise track looks like an interesting challenge. Hope I get an invitation at some point ..... it's always nice to be asked at least.

- - - Updated - - -

It actually looks like it could be a pretty big, fast venue. If they finish the amenities the way they have planned it could be a great venue for a two race in two days type of week-end.

In their info they already state that they are open to holding club races with member approval so it wouldn't surprise me if a little negotiation could get a date. Also noted that strict noise regs would be enforced regardless of event.

Still a lot to know about this, but the 3+ mile counterclockwise track looks like an interesting challenge. Hope I get an invitation at some point ..... it's always nice to be asked at least.

area 27

Hello Racers, Area 27 was designed as a country club track but does have the potential to be upgraded to a race facility with significant safety improvements. This would need to be done before the track is certified by ASN Canada. If you need to get on the track you could always buy a membership, they would love to have your money. If the track were certified the SCCBC would certainly entertain the prospect of hosting a race event there.

R Stec
VP- SCCBC

I've contacted Area 27 via email to attempt to get a track rate card for my track day venture Skip Day Track Days.. Let's see if they reply..

I love variety, and challenges.. However...

The number of entries that ICSCC attracts can't support the existing number of tracks and franchise clubs as it stands now. Dilute it any more, and IRDC and Cascade will be the only clubs that get any attendance that have the hopes of supporting basic operations. Outlying clubs will fold, or be forced into track day/school operations only, as they are the only events that pay for themselves, at non metropolitan tracks.

Ray, My opinion only, and take it for what it's worth... You would get a 2-3 year run if SCCBC took on this track, then it would be a drain on SCCBC.

Pete Belfanti
TC - ORP

Agree with the above. We are actually reaching the point of having too many tracks. Have to stop this at some point.

That or we need to take over Donald Trumps fortune and put it to good use paying for ALL of our entry fees for the next 200 years racing every other weekend.

I think you guys are fogetting that this will be the closest track to Alberta and all of it's racers. A lot of people are not overly happy with Castrol so I could see a large turnout at Area 27 from this side of the mountains.

Note that Thunderhill is closer and freeway all the way, at least to Portland and the majority of TC members. Time will tell if they are even interested in having actual races at their facility.

Last edited:
It's 266 miles to Oregon Raceway Park from Tacoma and 644 miles to Thunderhill from Tacoma passing through Portland on the way. I don't see how Thunderhill can be closer to TC members (in Portland) unless they all live in Reading?

P.s. If you take out the Tacoma/Portland, it's STILL 501 miles from Portland to Thunderhill.

Last edited:
It's almost as far to Area 27 from the Portland area as it is to Thunderhill. Least distance from my house is 432 miles, but I'm an hour north of Portland and your crossing an international border ( I mean Canada, not California :) ). Either way, it's a day's drive and Thunderhill is most definitely a blast to race on. I wish them luck in any case.

Back