Spec Miatas need to be back in ITA

colin_koehler

Great SCOTT!
This is way overdue in my opinion. ITA/G5 is a perfect 2nd run group/class for the spec miata and ITA benefits because a populated class attracts new customers to that class and frankly ITA and Group 5 needs growth. A SM won the 2010 ITA championship and I think the other ITA folks would will welcome them back with open arms.

Right now I am thinking of introducing the language used by SCCA SF Region in their annual Supps (page 4 of 12) as a rule proposal this fall.
http://www.sfrscca.org/images/2016/Rules/supp_regs2016final.pdf

SMT/SSM in ITA and ITS:1990-2005 SMT or SSM class-compliant cars may enter ITA. SMT or SSM cars entering as ITA cars must comply with all SMT/SSM Class rules except for tires, which must comply with GCR Section 9.3.45 (Tires). All other ITA entries must comply fully with ITA class rules per GCR Section 9.1.3.A 1999-2005 SMT class-compliant car may enter ITS. SMT cars entering as ITS cars must comply with all
SMT class rules except for tires, which must comply with GCR Section 9.3.45 (Tires); and restrictor plates, which must comply with GCR Section 9.1.3. All other ITS entries must comply fully with ITS class rules per GCR Section 9.1.3

What say the Miatae? Come back to ITA?

As one of the few "other ITA folks" I fully support this. For the Miatas this change would provide a competitive 2nd run group. Having a competitive 2nd run group available is great for those who want to share costs or families that want to own just one racecar.

I guess the real question is does anyone oppose allowing Spec Miatas in ITA?

- - - Updated - - -

As one of the few "other ITA folks" I fully support this. For the Miatas this change would provide a competitive 2nd run group. Having a competitive 2nd run group available is great for those who want to share costs or families that want to own just one racecar.

I guess the real question is does anyone oppose allowing Spec Miatas in ITA?

I cleaned up the language and submitted the proposal.

Add Section “A” under E/C 1307:
SM/CSM in ITA and ITS:1990-2005 SM or CSM class-compliant cars may enter ITA. SM or CSM cars entering as ITA cars must comply with all SM/CSM Class rules except for tires, which must comply with GCR Section 9.3.45 (Tires). All other ITA entries must comply fully with ITA class rules per GCR Section 9.1.3.A 1999-2005 SM class-compliant car may enter ITS. SM cars entering as ITS cars must comply with all
SM class rules except for tires, which must comply with GCR Section 9.3.45 (Tires); and restrictor plates, which must comply with GCR Section 9.1.3. All other ITS entries must comply fully with ITS class rules per GCR Section 9.1.3

EDIT: Admin can probably move this thread to the Rules Change Discussion sub forum. Thank you

Last edited:
Back