How Many NW Spec Miata builds?

Greg Miller

I keep seeing Red & Blue TC Motorsports looking Spec Miatas. How many did TC build?

Also how many did Jeff Clark put together? His are harder to spot.
I saw what looked like 2 previous TC car at the SCCA dbl regional this last weekend.
The SM races were some of the best during the weekend. Lots of rain so we were throwing blue flags to Porches for Miata on their tail.

One new Pro3 car with a driver that has SM history was showing his stuff this weekend as well. Watch out for a Kuni BMW #81, he's going to be a contender!

Three I know of.
Two from TC and a third that Jon Ament built as his own car with TC colors.
Don't know about the E30s.
RX7 was Al's old car?

Hey Greg, That #81 is Brad McAllister he and I shared my car a few years ago (at a couple races) and he was interested in going to Pro3 then, it looks like he's finally getting around to it. He is fast and experienced, so I will say yes he'll be a contender if he chooses to go all in Pro3. And I'll take some of the credit for being a pro3 ambassador for our class :)

One of the cars was John Ament's old car (TC's chassis 02 if I remember correctly.)

The other car in question was Tim Ferrick's Spec Miata. Not a TC car, but a fresh build that literally became drivable 10 minutes before the Saturday race. It looks like it's a TC car, but it's got a mish-mash of bodywork from 3 miatas. Will have a new wrap before the next race.

Here's a little video I made highlighting some of the cars and great racing that went on from this past weekend at the SCCA opener!
Brad in the #81 PRO3 BMW, as well as the Ferricks and some of the other cars are featured throughout.

-Austin Bradshaw
Flying Bye Photo
flyingphotoaustin@gmail.com

Back