Looking for Mazda MX5 to rent/test for a day or two

mikemc

As a result of winning a NASA championship last year, we were
invited to run in a MX5 race at Laguna on the April 30 - May 2 during the Tudor Race weekend. The race is in
the Skip Barber school cars I believe.

Is there anyone in the NW with a similar car that I may be able to speak to
re a possible test/rent the car to get familiar with the platform, technique,
etc? I hear the MX5 may not exactly drive like the M3.... so I figure I need to get
some time in one before I show up to race at
Laguna. I already contacted the Skip Barbor school and they are booked up until August... If nothing in the NW, I am willing to travel to test/rent, etc. Also, if anyone has driven one of the school cars, or knows an instructor, I would love to talk with them.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Regards,

Mike McAleenan (253) 219 6359

Sean from miatacage may be able to help you out,he rents or at least he used to rent a lot of spec miatas,not exactly the same as an mx5 cup car but it's a step in the right direction

Mike - I have a friend who has done the barber 3 day there in an mx5 and his brother was/is an instructor there. Let me see if I can get them in contact with you. Finding an mx5 might prove to be difficult, but I'll check my contacts for a seat somewhere.

Super cool offer you have especially knowing it will be a bunch of class champions competing.

I've got quite a bit of MX5 seat time, at Laguna as a matter of fact. I have some notes and such I'd be willing to send you. Shoot me a message.

Back