[For Sale] 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi ST Race Car

michael_conatore

I love endurance racing!
http://showroom.windingroad.com/listings/product/2459/

Very nicely built race car that looks and runs very well.
Fresh bottom end (Subaru OEM shortblock) being prepped with stock heads and cams.
New Koyo radiator.
Fresh clutch packs in rear differential.
Cosworth baffle/scraper.
APS 3" turbo back exhaust with jet hot coating.
Cobb wastegate solenoid.
Cobb AccessPort V3.
PIA tuned to 305 whp and 338 ft. lbs. on Sunoco 100.
Exidy SD-type twin disc and flywheel.
RaceComp Engineering Tarmac 2 coilovers rebuilt in 2014.
Swift springs.
Noltec caster/camber plates.
Cusco rear camber plates.
Cobb/Hotchkis f/r sway bars.
Cobb rear endlinks.
Whiteline front endlinks.
Carlabs X brace.
Oswald front subframe and f/r bumper beams.
Godspeed roll cage.
StopTech ST60 355x32 with Raybestos ST-45s in front. Brembos with ST-43s in rear.
Sparco Evo2 seat.
Schroth enduro belts (new in 2013).
APR GTC-200 wing with Gurney strip available.
APR front splitter.
3 sets of Rota 18 x 9.5 wheels.
Mostly used Toyo RRs,
Toyo RA1s (unshaved) and
Hoosier Rains (275/35/18).
1:33s at Pacific,
1:18s at PIR,
1:51s at ORP.
Very reliable, fun and competitive car with many podiums and 3rd place in ICSCC ST championship in 2013.
Photos and information on request.

Email me at mconatore@yahoo.com or call 360-970-6177
Asking price: $24,750 or best offer

Last edited:
Price reduced to $29,500. Reasonable offers considered.

Fresh bottom end broken in at ORP in March and very strong. With tired tires and a blown front strut (being rebuilt) I was able to turn 1:51s and 1:52s CCW. This car is ready to run strong in ST or SPM or elsewhere.

Price further reduced to $24,750 or best offer. Fresh car with new rear differential clutch packs. If perfect racing order.
http://classifieds.racerconnect.com...ar-stsptime-attack-price-reduced/details.html

- - - Updated - - -

Price further reduced to $24,750 or best offer. Fresh car with new rear differential clutch packs. If perfect racing order.
http://classifieds.racerconnect.com/1405-2005-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-road-race-car-stsptime-attack-price-reduced/details.html

Tested in Spokane 2 weeks ago and it is so much faster than it was! Fresh engine, Holley HydraMats and Holley Red pump have resolved fuel pickup issues. Fresh clutches in the rear diff and oh my gosh it's beastly! Now what do I do? 2 race cars and not enough scratch left to run a season. Ah well, the lines and tribulations of mortals..... So if I could afford to keep the STi and the new Spec E46, I would in a SECOND, but I can't, and Spec E46 competition beckons.

So somebody buy this STi from me! I guarantee you will LOVE racing it! No, I can't guarantee it won't break at some point, but it was bone solid reliable for all of the grueling 2013 season. I went to every race and ran enduros and multiple run groups sometimes. I just put in gas, changed the oil/filter, did brakes a few times, tires a few times (okay, a lot of times...), aligned it a few times and generally had Pat Boyle take good care of it. It never DNFed that whole season. Yeah, I blew up the engine in 2014, and I know why - my bad.

I have spent a lot of money putting it back in excellent racing shape. It is a very large amount of quality race car for under $25k, and frankly, I think you would be hard pressed to find any other machine as easy to care for and this fast for anything less. Yeah, if you are doing the labor yourself, you can probably build something that is as fast or faster for $25k, but I think that would be a rare and dedicated racer with mad skills...(which I know a lot of you have....but how much TIME do you have? Time an an ailing back make it hard for me to do much work on my own cars the last few years).

I feel a bit like Brer Rabbit here, asking to be thrown into the briar patch.....but I really do need to get rid of it, torn as I am. On the other hand, I won't give it away....I'll just keep it on the side, maybe out at ORP in my garage, drive it occasionally and try to make more money so I can feed it gradually over time. Ah dang it, like I said, somebody please buy the darned thing and RACE IT!

:) :) :)

- - - Updated - - -

Tested in Spokane 2 weeks ago and it is so much faster than it was! Fresh engine, Holley HydraMats and Holley Red pump have resolved fuel pickup issues. Fresh clutches in the rear diff and oh my gosh it's beastly! Now what do I do? 2 race cars and not enough scratch left to run a season. Ah well, the lines and tribulations of mortals..... So if I could afford to keep the STi and the new Spec E46, I would in a SECOND, but I can't, and Spec E46 competition beckons.

So somebody buy this STi from me! I guarantee you will LOVE racing it! No, I can't guarantee it won't break at some point, but it was bone solid reliable for all of the grueling 2013 season. I went to every race and ran enduros and multiple run groups sometimes. I just put in gas, changed the oil/filter, did brakes a few times, tires a few times (okay, a lot of times...), aligned it a few times and generally had Pat Boyle take good care of it. It never DNFed that whole season. Yeah, I blew up the engine in 2014, and I know why - my bad.

I have spent a lot of money putting it back in excellent racing shape. It is a very large amount of quality race car for under $25k, and frankly, I think you would be hard pressed to find any other machine as easy to care for and this fast for anything less. Yeah, if you are doing the labor yourself, you can probably build something that is as fast or faster for $25k, but I think that would be a rare and dedicated racer with mad skills...(which I know a lot of you have....but how much TIME do you have? Time an an ailing back make it hard for me to do much work on my own cars the last few years).

I feel a bit like Brer Rabbit here, asking to be thrown into the briar patch.....but I really do need to get rid of it, torn as I am. On the other hand, I won't give it away....I'll just keep it on the side, maybe out at ORP in my garage, drive it occasionally and try to make more money so I can feed it gradually over time. Ah dang it, like I said, somebody please buy the darned thing and RACE IT!

:) :) :)

Back