[For Sale] Pro3 race car - 1987 325is

Racecraft

1987 325is built into a race car approximately 6 years ago from a very nice and clean un-damaged 325is. Legal Pro3 rules and with a couple minor changes would be legal for NASA Spec E30 rules. First track use was in 2008 and from then until 2011 it ran in a couple of test days and 1 ICSSC Pro3 event. The car sat unused until I bought the car in December of 2013. Since then it has done 1 Pro3 event and a couple enduro events. The engine was freshened in 2008 and still runs excellent. Over the last year of ownership it has been professionally maintained and thoroughly gone through to address worn out items. The following parts have been replaced or rebuilt in 2014:
- Rear hub bearings
- Front and rear brake calipers
- "frozen" rotors front and rear
- new OMP seat belts, good through 2019
- new windshield
- new Fuel Safe cell and remote make-up/return fuel reservoir
- new battery
Other features include:
- Koni front struts w/ adjustable coil-overs
- H&R rear springs with adjustable perches
- Sparco Evo2 seat
- Exhaust header
- Aftermarket lightweight defrost system
- 3 sets of wheels, 2 mounted with Toyo RR tires, 1 mounted with Toyo RA-2 tires
- 4 NEW Toyo RA-1 225-50-15’s
- 4 NEW Toyo RR 225-45-15”s
- 4.10 LSD rear diff in the car and another 4.10 LSD spare
- Spare new front rotors and Porterfield brake pads
A very reliable, well sorted and race ready car. Includes AMB transponder, ICSCC logbook, all records/receipts from the last couple years and a box of various spare parts. LED lights in photos are not included with the sale price.
$13,500 jimfroula "at" yahoo.com

Attachments

• endurance-2014-race-action-nasa-25-hours-of-thunderhill.jpg
    endurance-2014-race-action-nasa-25-hours-of-thunderhill.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 936
  • IMG950575.jpg
    IMG950575.jpg
    369.4 KB · Views: 927
Last edited:
How competitive is it?

I've been asked "how competitive is the car" and "how much horsepower does it have", to be honest I don't really know. I paid attention to getting the car thoroughly reliable and sorted out and didn't concentrate on all out lap times yet. I have grid sheets from the the only Pro3 race the car ran in July 2014 at Pacific Raceway. I ran 1:40.xxx in a group of what seemed like very good drivers. Keep in mind I had never driven this car or any other Pro3 car prior to that weekend. My experience is some Conference/SCCA stuff along time ago and then mostly vintage events from then on. I've been told that we really don't race in vintage so I'm sure an experienced Pro3 driver or regular ICSCC/SCCA driver could do better than my times.

Great car, just needs a new owner.

Back