Circuit of the Northwest!!!

austinrotaryracer41

Bradshaw Motorsports
Sorry to be posting again.... But I think some people will want to hear about this, if you haven't already.

So there is a proposed new road course going to be formed in Bremerton, Washington called "Circuit of the Northwest"
There goal is to create the ultimate race facility in the Northwest.
It looks as if it will have a 2.4 mile road course with 100 feet of elevation. It will also include a kart track in the center on the road course, along with a motocross track on the Southwest part of the facility.

They have successfully permitted land use for it.

Here's a link to a good article that talks about it: http://www.roadracingworld.com/news...ton-has-permitted-land-use-approval-in-place/

Here's the link to the website: http://circuitofthenw.com/

I'm happy to see the Northwest Racing community is continually growing and improving with 2 new tracks in the last 10 years and now a possibility for another one!

-Austin Bradshaw

That track is near the old Bremerton track (just closer to the airport). It has been in the planning and permitting stages for about 4 years now. Looks like they are getting close to construction :biggrin: ;)

These guys have obviously spent a lot of time and money to push this project forward to this point. How much money they need now is anyone's guess, but it's surely millions. I wish them luck. It's interesting that the track design on the website is different than the one on the press release.

It would be easy to say that three tracks in such a small geographic area would have trouble surviving but the two currently operating pretty much have every single weekend in the "racing season" booked so there might be enough demand for three.

At least in the short run we know that there isn't enough demand for three car racing sanctioning bodies as NASA announced they are taking a hiatus next season to try and rethink their approach to the region in light of low car counts.

I've been told by people who are in a position to know that the "events" like car and motorcycle races are nice and help market the track and add to it's luster but it's the daily events - corporate rentals, drivers schools, club days, and marque events that actually make a track economically viable in the long run. Drivers of actual race cars NEED venues to run their very specific non-street legal machines at while street car drivers CHOOSE to step up and explore the limits of their street legal machinery. If that is the case the question will be whether there is enough demand from the street car people as opposed to racers who are pretty much always looking for another track to add to their list.

Last edited:
Excellent point you brought up there, and all of which you said is true. If they have enough demand for other events and such is what will really will be put to the test. The kart track may also bring in extra revenue along with the motorcycles.

Back