Northwest FC

Charlie Coffin

In an attempt to form an open wheeled class in the region as strong as pro 3 there has been an under taking over the last few years to promote formula continental as an ideal class for this pursuit.

Today we launched northwestfc.net.

A big thanks goes out to Roger Smetaniuk for making this happen. Additionally we still run a newsletter. If you would like to be informed of the class happenings let me know and I will add you to the mailing list. Currently, we can account for 40 FC's on the mailing list and the class continues to grow year over year. If you want to run sub 1:30's at pacific and Spokane for under 10k in purpose built race car then check out FC and our new website.

See you at the track.

You three have done a tremendous job of promoting a class that has been seriously over looked by a lot of people who want to move up a class after being bored with the regular production car classes.

Super job on the website!!

Keep up the great work!!

These are really fun cars to race, a very good value for the money, and exceptionally durable if you keep oil and water in them.

Oil AND water! now I know whats been going wrong these last couple seasons

Greg, This is cool and I hope this is a great success. The FC car has all the things a proper race car should have (sorry sedans). Open wheels and wings. I know my car does not fit but it will be great to have additional open wheel cars on the track. I have my fuel cell issue solved and should be back on the track this summer.

Tim Bland
84 Anson SV

Fantastic news. For years ICSCC has been trying to increase the numbers in Grp 3 & 6. Now FC has launched an effort that will very likely make that happen. PRO3 has a BB and it has been a great avenue to get newcomers to join in. Now FC has a place to provide that same draw.
And no offense taken about tin tops from this PRO3 driver. We cannot buy enough suspension bits to make our cars handle like yours or have the the G forces.
While I was License Director I got calls from several "too new for SOVREN" FF owners. I hope your site becomes an incentive for them to do something similar. With CF, FF, and FL they have a lot of opportunity to drive the dust off their cars.
I look forward to seeing some exciting open wheel racing! Cudos!

I hope you are aware that if there starts to get to be too many of these wingy-things, some club is going to start providing 'OW only' DTs.

Keep them separate

.....Whoops.....

April Newsletter was just sent out.

If you did not receive it and were expecting to, please pm me and I will get it to you. When we imported the contacts to the new email address it looks like a couple were lost in transit, but I think we worked out the kinks.

Big turnouts are expected for Spokane.

Very cool class with huge upside potential. Kudos to the Coffin's for getting the ball rolling. I believe I'll be joining you gentlemen in 2015.

Back