THUNDERHILL RAT RACE, Let me know by Tuesday night.

bill_murray

BILL MURRAY
THUNDERHILL RAT RACE, Let me know by Thursday afternoon.

Rat Race button logo w-website.jpgRAT Race

THUNDERHILL RACEWAY, WILLOWS CALIFORNIA.

Here is the quick version cuz I need a quick answer!

The 23rd & 24th of February. An open practice and qualifying on Saturday and a 8 hour RAT Race on Sunday. I need commitment from a dozen teams from the Northwest by Thursday afternoon (December 20th).

$595. race entry fee includes four drivers. Track day / practice / qualifying $205. per car, no "additional driver fee" for all entered in Sundays race.

$1,000.00 to win.

Don't wait. This opportunity is due to a hole that opened up in the schedule and If we are going to keep it plugged I need your help today.

Bill Murray

503-358-2617 (10:00 a.m. to midnight).

Last edited:
Hi Mike,

Either the spec Miata or the Honda Civic would qualify just throw on a set of really cheap and crappy tires and you are probably good to go. So now all you need is a couple of buddies to help share the costs.

Bill Murray

I just got the contracts. The Thunderhill RAT Race and track day/ practice day registration $595 discounted team entry will be open first week of the year. After that your entry will be contributing another $50 to the prize fund. Fortune favors those thst act early, so get tour team ready now.

There has been a lot of interest in this event from the Californians. One of them told me it only rained three days in all of February last year. I would like to see a good contingent of Northwest drivers to represent Conference and encourage these guys to come North and race with us this year.

This is easy, it is fun, and it is cheap. Come race with us!

Bill Murray

I am interested in the Rat race at Thunder Hill. But I have questions:
Do you have a set of rules wrote up? Dealing with tire compound, driver stint length, car eligibility etc.
If you do have rules wrote up can you e mail them to me?
What course are you planning on running?

We are working on our 2013 schedule and would really like to look at doing this race.

Cheers,

Todd Stanley
ICSCC racer Group 1,3,5,6
Team "Formula Roadster" ( in ChumpCar )
toddsplace@comcast(dot)net

Great! Looks like we are going to have a good turn out.
The basic RAT Race rules can be found on the starprojectsevents.com
website. Supplementals will be out later this week along with entry forms.
We will be running Thunderhill’s full three mile course in the conventional direction.
Tires softer than 300 tread ware and cars that are “over prepared” can run but are subject to lap adjustment to keep the playing field even. Generally, a reliable Conference production car on crappy tires is a good choice.
Bill Murray

Back