Spec Miata - '91

Bill Bonsell

Bump....hate to part with my first race car but it is time.

- I ran a 1:42:3 race lap at Pacific September 2012 and a 2:02.0 at The Ridge in July 2012. And that's with this overweight 65 year old behind the wheel.
- Has turned a 124.982 (w/o chicane) at Portland in October of 2011

. SCCA Log Book
. 1991 Long block
. Dyno tuned to 118.8 corrected HP at The Race Shop in Portland October 2011
. ART tuned AFM
. ART Front hubs - 2011
. New rear bearings - 2011
. '99 Torsen Diff - 2011
. Fat Cat Bumpstops - 2011
. Tranny replacement - 2011
. Ultra Shield 16 Race Seat
. New 5 pt harness
. Hardwired transponder
. Hardwired Blind Apex Lap timer
. Accutemp water temp gauge
. Godspeed Alum Radiator - 2011
. Hood pins
. Injectors flowed - 2011
. New upper control arms - 2011
. New rear wheel bearings - 2011
. Stainless steel brake lines - 2010
. One set of TMS 30 offset wheels with serviceable RA-1's
. 5mm Wheel Spacers with extended studs
. Quick release steering wheel
. R-chin front spoiler
. Spin induction ceramic coated air intake
. Newly replaced rotors and Hawk Blues - August 2012
. New rear calipers - 2011
. Drivers side Nascar bars
. Working defroster and heater
. Springfield dyno exhaust - 2010
. Raptor Shift light

No DNF's in three years of racing. A very reliable and decently quick ready to race car. Have been told it has an excellent head and produces very decent power considering the motor may very well be original. It has an older Autopower
bolt in cage but has Nascar bars with gutted door on the drivers side. Cosmetically in pretty good shape. Some cracks in windshield, but hey, that's racing. Car burns little or no oil...has run on Mobil 1 for three years with a can of engine restore
mid season. All fluids changed regularly. And wheel bearings just repacked in mid 2012. I regularly scale at 2340-2350 because of my weight. Car should be quicker closer to 2300 min weight.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110064...key=Gv1sRgCM-Gqp_T1vTiqAE#5657122623611593234

First $7,500 offer takes the car. Installment plan available to the right buyer if needed. Additional pics and video at www.db-motorsports.net

Bill-

wbonsell at comcast dot net or 360 621 1516

Spare motor available for $300.

Last edited:
Had the pleasure of working on this car at the Cascade 8-hour. It's a steal at the price he's asking, I promise you will not find a better car for the price.

New price - $8250. Son is coming home so will double stint in his car....if not sold by April 1, mine will be turned into a rental for the remainder of the year! Or prepped to SCCA STL rules.
Don't miss out on an opportunity to jump into the best class of racing at a decent price. Also, will have a 16' tilt trailer available for $1500 or $9500 for car and trailer!!

Bill

Mike...

While I did have a very good offer for the car and open trailer, I think I am hanging on to it at least for a while. My son seems to have this dream of
kicking my butt in his SM sooner than later. I told him that when he does beat me, the car gets sold and I jump into his in FIP or some other secondary class. Giving him the glory of running SM/CSM.

Don't know how much most others rent out their cars, but I would think somewhere around $1000 for a single entry Sat/Sunday event. Call me Mike if you'd like....360-621-1516

Bill

WOW Bill!! After looking down that long list of equipment, it is no wonder why you were so fast last year! How nice to have your son racing with you this year. Looking forward to it.

WOW Bill!! After looking down that long list of equipment, it is no wonder why you were so fast last year! How nice to have your son racing with you this year. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for the nice words Mark...and I wasn't that fast! But hey, maybe this year. And it WILL be nice racing with and against my son.

Bill

Back