Reynard FC's 2 for price of one sale!

Richard Broadhead

Flag & Com
Jeff has had great fun racing the Reynard FC's in 2008 and 2009. But he has decided to focus his recreational activities in other directions.

So, here's your chance to own TWO complete Reynard Formula Continentals for the price of one!

THE CARS:
Reynard SF89 and SF90 for sale as package deal. The 89 has been torn down to the frame in preparation for a rebuild; all the parts are there (in sub-assembly form) minus the belly pan which has been removed, so the car could either be rebuilt or left in its present state as a parts donor. The 90 was run in two events last year, and prior to that was not raced since a Keith Averill rebuild around 2000/2001 (Keith could correct me on that, it was Roger Garrell's car for those of you who may know him). I raced the 89 the year before last and the 90 last year, and both cars performed well for me; like everyone says, they are great cars, fun to drive, very forgiving, easy to setup, and perfect for open wheel with wings beginners or anyone that likes user friendly cars.

Will fit drivers up to 6'2" and about 190 Lbs.

Some high points:

Reynard SF89
(Presently disassembled in to major sub-assemblies)
We were going to redo the belly pan and a ground up rebuild.

Front roll hoop dash cross member removed to accomodate larger driver (NOT a safety issue. Most Reynards have had this done)
Magnesium transaxle casing (some weld repair has been done but good quality work)
Averill Ultra front wing
Averill Van Diemen style rear wing
1 set Technomagnesio wheels
1 set Compomotive wheels
LAD Pinto 2L (still competitive, but unknown miles/hours. Could use a refresh at Ivey)

Reynard SF90

Keith Averill major rebuild circa 2001
Frame work done for proper HANS mounting
Front roll hoop dash cross member removed to accomodate larger driver (NOT a safety issue. Most Reynards have had this done)
Head rest moved back for better head clearance
Aluminum transaxle casing in very good condition (no damage or weld repair)
Car rewired summer 2009
New MOMO flat bottom cut off top steering wheel
Averill front crush box
1 set Technomagnsio wheels
1 set Compomotive wheels
Dixon Pinto 2L (still competitive, and 'probably' relatively low miles)
Coated exhaust
New Averill diffuser (not mounted)
Sidepod mounted oil cooler
LED rainlight

Spares:
2 sets of Averill Ultra sidepods
1 right side standard sidepod
1 additional spare pair of Compomotive wheels
1 spare standard nose (unpainted with no wing)
Original fiberglass seat
20 spare gearsets (plus what's in the two gearboxes)
Miscellaneous spare spring sets (4 or 5 sets)
Several boxes of assorted engine and suspension parts both new and used
Two sets of 2 heat cycle only Goodyear Tires

$13,000 takes it all

Pics are of SF90 in present configuration, plus significant spares in my garage. There are a ton of little odds an ends in boxes that I just can't pull out and snap pictures of (lots of used this and thats and hardware, but still cool stuff to have).

Included with sale is PADDOCK support for your races at Pacific Raceway if you need help learning about the car(s).

Should you choose to reassemble the 2nd car, I'll help with that also.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this guys...

Me too, Wes. But Jeff's just too worried about the long term job out look. No sense in leaving good cars sitting in the garage until he can come back to it.

Great opportunity for somebody to get in to open wheels at a reasonable price with a complete spare car.

Back