Mustangs Northwest Ride N Drive

mtnman

Thursday, July 15
Ride and Drive Road Course event at Pacific Raceways in Kent, WA.

Contact Shannon Wolk - partsgoddess23@hotmail.com

Drive your vehicle at speed on the 2.8 mile road course. You will be separated into groups based on your experience – Novice, Intermediate or Experienced. Field limited to 80 vehicles which must be Ford powered.

Pre-registration fee is $130.00 per driver/per run group. Deadline for pre-registration is 6/30/2010. Day of event registration is $160.00 per driver/per run group and dependant upon space available.
http://www.mustangsnorthwest.com/Userfiles/Docs/2010/MCA2010RegFlyr.pdf

My SM used to have Ford air bag components on it, does that count?
I've retired my '65 Fastback from track duty. :-D

They do open it up to other makes if it doesn't fill up. In my mind Mazda is a Ford product. Isn't your car powered by a Ford "Duratec" motor?
Yah I don't know were they came up with the track length. I just posted it as they printed it.
This is always a really fun event. I hope some people bring their race cars out. It makes it fun for people that don't make it out to the race weekends.

Last edited:
I have no idea if the Mazda 1.6 is a Duratec in disguise or not.
If they do open it up, be sure to put the word out...I might be up for this as some practice time before Race #10.
May even bolt in the instructor seat and try and make some friends wet themselves in my "chick" car. LOL

Email Shannon Wolk - partsgoddess23@hotmail.com Let her know if there are spots you want to sign up.
They do allow rides, which is cool.
Does any one know how to get ahold of the guy that has the Shelby GT500 bodied GT-1/Trans Am car?

Yeah, that little rotary in my Mazda is a Duraspin!
Ford used to own a controlling interest in Mazda, but those days have passed.
If I offer rides, can I bring it?

Both of you should sign up for your Mustangs, & then show with your Mazda's. There has been RX-7's there before.
Just say your Mustang is broken so you brought the other car. It's not like you don't both own Mustangs.

Sounds like a great event at a good price. But I have a question.

When I left the track a week ago today, it was 2.25 miles long. Where did they add the 1/2 mile plus of track? :)

I have the same question, and I see it still has not been addressed. Pacific Raceways (formerly SIR) has always been 2.25 miles. Did they add some new track lately?

Pacific Raceways track is 2.25 miles in length. The Mustangs Northwest (MNW) event is run in conjunction with the Mustang Round-up at Bellevue Community College, the largest annual gathering of Ford Mustangs in the world. The track day is always a huge success for MNW.

Back